25th September 2016, 01:51 AM
Unregistered

Can a mechanical engineer do MD from USA? Is it eligible?

I am an Indian , having green card of usa , I had completed my bachelors in mechanical engineering from India and want to study Doctor of medicine(MD) from usa .Is it possible ?
Can i get admission in medical school ?
If yes than what r the requirements ?

Related Questions:
  1. Can Mechanical Engineer (Girl) get Jobs in abroad (Specially USA, Switzerland, Uk)?
  2. Am I eligible to do degree in USA or UK after completion of 10th and mechanical diploma?
  3. What all jobs I can apply in USA after completion of MS in Mechanical?
  4. How may I do Aeronautical engineering and get a job in USA? List of top institutions available for such courses?
  5. Electronics student can give exam for JE in MES?
  6. How would I get a job in USA having experience in production department?
  7. How to make career in a good foreign company after Metallurgical Engineering? List of companies for it?
  8. What are the job opportunities in M.E transportation engineering?
  9. List of the best universities available in USA for doing MS after completion of B.E in Mechanical engineering?
  10. What is the procedure to do MS mechanical if I am a mechanical engineer
  11. What kind of subject is DotNet?Procedure to work in Intel group in USA? What is the salary of a software engineer in USA?
  12. How may I get a job in USA after completing mechanical engineering from India? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Best jobs possible in US, France, England for mechanical engineer student of NIT Trichy B.Tech
  14. How to become a designing engineer after completion of BE Mechanical engineering?
  15. Am I eligible to attend ILS or GRE exam to do MS degree in USA? -- [New]
  16. Am I eligible to work in USA afte rcompletion of course in India or I need to do some course in USA to be eligible?
  17. Job opportunities for B.E. Mechanical Engineer?
  18. Good university/college in USA which offers M.S.(Automobile Engineering) through GRE for B.Tech Mechanical Engineer?
26th September 2016, 12:34 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a mechanical engineer do MD from USA? Is it eligible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am an Indian , having green card of usa , I had completed my bachelors in mechanical engineering from India and want to study Doctor of medicine(MD) from usa .Is it possible ?
You have completed B.Tech degree in Mechanical Engineering so you are not eligible for MD course in USA.

Only those candidates who have completed MBBS course are eligible to do MD course in USA.
26th September 2016, 01:17 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

I am extremely sorry to state that you cannot pursue MS course from USA after completion of your B.Tech course. The healthcare industry is quite complex in USA. It is really tough to get a seat in medical field in US universities for overseas students. Moreover, you do not have the basic eligibility of being a graduate in medical field. Hence you are not eligible for MS course.
26th September 2016, 01:32 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

In USA, unlike India, they have a Pre Med (four years), MD Program (four years) and USMLE (United States Medical Licensing Examination step 1, 2&3) after completing all, a student is given license to practice in United States. So the students from India after 10+2 should join and study four years and after completion of Pre Med they have to apply for MD Program. It is very difficult to get the admission to MD Program in USA, for a foreign national. So it is not advisable to study MD in USA after B.Tech Mechanical Engineering. You can study Masters in Mechanical Engineering in US.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?