9th April 2015, 07:36 PM
Unregistered

Detailed information about GRE to study MS in USA for B.Tech Chemical Engineer?

Sir,
I want to know the details of GRE.
I have completed my B.Tech in Chemical Engineering
and I want to do MS in USA. Kindly tell me
for GRE regarding this. Thank you.

Related Questions:
10th April 2015, 10:01 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Detailed information about GRE to study MS in USA for B.Tech Chemical Engineer?

GRE stands for Graduate Record Examinations. Candidates who want to pursue MS courses in foreign universities, should appear for GRE exam, because most of the most of the foreign universities offers admissions by considering GRE score of the candidates. So, to apply for admission, first you have to complete GRE exam. GRE exam is conducted throughout the year, you can appear for GRE exam at any time by booking through online, by visiting following link.
https://mygre.ets.org/greweb/login/login.jsp

GRE Exam Pattern:-
GRE exam is conducted in three sections

Section I:-(40 marks)
1) Verbal Reasoning
i) Reading Comprehension
ii) Text Completion
iii) Sentence Equivalence

Section II:-(40 marks)
1) Quantitative Reasoning

Section III:-(6 points)
1) Analytical Writing Assessment
i) Issue-Task essay
ii )Argument-Task essays
10th April 2015, 11:07 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Detailed information about GRE to study MS in USA for B.Tech Chemical Engineer?

To study MS in US after completion of B.Tech (Chemical Engineering) course, you need to appear in GRE and TOEFL/IELTS examinations. GRE score is the basic requirement that one need to have while applying for admission to MS course in US universities. TOEFL/IELTS examinations helps you to prove your English Language Proficiency skills to get admission in foreign universities. By qualifying and scoring good marks in these examinations, you can apply for admission to MS course in US universities.

Details about GRE Examination :-
1. GRE stands for Graduate Record Examination.

2. Candidates who wish to pursue their higher studies in Abroad need to appear for GRE examination.

3. No specific eligibility criteria required to appear for GRE examination. However, candidates need to satisfy the required eligibility criteria while applying for admission in foreign universities.

4. GRE examination tests the candidates skills in three sections as mentioned below :-
a. Verbal Reasoning
b. Quantitative Reasoning and
c. Analytical Writing

5. GRE examination is conducted for 340 marks and you can easily score maximum 300 marks.

6. GRE score is valid for a period of 5 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?