5th December 2014, 12:25 AM
Unregistered

Appearing in GRE will help me to study MS in USA?

Hello
I am in B.Tech Electrical Engg in final year.
I want to appear in GRE for MS admission in USA
Please tell me that it is really helpful?
please tell me asap thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Percentage required in GRE and TOEFL to study MS in Economics in USA for B.Com student? Necessity of GRE and TOEFL?
  2. Full details about GRE and TOEFL to study masters in USA?
  3. How to go abroad to study masters programme in USA?
  4. Cost involved to study MS in USA?
  5. What should I do after scoring 55% in B.Tech ECE to study MS in USA? Mars required in GRE, TOEFL?
  6. Admission in USA is possible without passing GRE? Chances of getting job?
  7. Is GRE/TOEFL required to study Ph.D in USA?
  8. Minimum age required, IELTS and GRE exams for studying in USA? Expense of MBA in USA?
  9. How to prepare for GRE and TOEFL for admission in MS programs in USA? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. How to prepare and when the examination of GRE and TOEFL are held? Best university for engineering in USA?
  11. Is it possible to get in USA without appearing for TOEFL for MS?
  12. Should I change my branch in IT from CSE to study in USA if scored 297 marks in GRE and 6.5 Bands in IELTS?
  13. In which exam should I appear GRE or TOEFL if want to study MS in USA?
  14. Good GRE scores can get me a scholarship to study in Europe or USA?
  15. Where should I study M.Sc in USA or UK? Ful time or part time? Cost, duration, universities and admission?
  16. Is it necessary to appear in TOEFL and GRE to study M.Arch in USA?
  17. Good university/college in USA which offers M.S.(Automobile Engineering) through GRE for B.Tech Mechanical Engineer?
  18. Details information, preparation, list of the coaching classes in Pune & Hyderabad examination date and minimum marks required to qualify in GRE and TOEFL? Best university for M.S. in USA?
5th December 2014, 05:56 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Appearing in GRE will help me to study MS in USA?

Yes, appearing in GRE examination will help you to get admission in MS course in US universities. To pursue MS course in US, it is mandatory that you need to appear for GRE and IELTS examination for getting admission in US universities. GRE score is the basic requirement that you need to have to get admission in US universities. IELTS is a standardised test which helps you to prove your English Language Proficiency in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking sections. By securing good score in GRE and IELTS examination, you can easily get admission in MS course in top foreign universities.
5th December 2014, 10:36 PM
belide
Senior Member+++

In order to do MS in USA, you need to appear for GRE and it will be helpful to get an admission in reputed Universities. If you get 300+ score, you will get a chance to get in to good colleges/universities. Along with that appear for TOEFL.

GRE consists questions on,

1) Analytical Writing.
2) Verbal Test.
3) Quantitative Test.

TOEFL is to test your knowledge in English in four different ways as,

1) Reading.
2) Writing.
3) Listening and
4) Speaking.
5th December 2014, 11:38 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

GRE score is mandatory requirement to apply for most of the universities in USA. So, you should appear for GRE exam to get an admission in any of those universities. And the universities will offer admissions depending upon your GRE score. So, It is better to get at least 290 marks out of 340 marks in GRE. If you can score above 300 marks, then will have chances to apply for admission in top universities and also to get scholarships.

GRE Exam Pattern:-
The GRE exam will have three sections
Section I:-
1) Verbal Reasoning
i) Reading Comprehension
ii) Text Completion
iii) Sentence Equivalence

Section II:-
1) Quantitative Reasoning

Section III:-
1) Analytical Writing Assessment
i) Issue-Task essay
ii )Argument-Task essays
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?