17th January 2014, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

How many attempts are allowed for 1 registration of GMAT?

I mean once someone pays US$250 amount which is the registration fee, how many times one can give this GMAT exam by just paying this amount?

30th March 2014, 04:46 PM
naveen1221

Default Re: How many attempts are allowed for 1 registration of GMAT?

Hello Friend !!

GMAT -- Graduate Management Aptitude Test.

GMAT is a Computer Adaptive Test.

Number of attempts per application is One.

The total test duration is nearby 4 hours.

You will receive questions one by one and the difficulty level and score of the exam will depend on the accuracy of your previous answer.

If you answer the first question correctly, the next question will be of higher difficulty level.

If your answer is wrong, you will receive a question of lower difficulty level.

There is no particular eligibility criteria for taking GMAT exam. You must be above 18 years of age to take the GMAT exam.

You will receive the scores right after completing the test.

The test scores will be valid for 5 years.

After getting shortlisted, the final selection will be done based on the multiple rounds of selection process such as Statement of Purpose, Letters of Recommendation, Personal Interview and or other rounds conducted by the B-schools.

GMAT Exam 2014 Pattern:

The GMAT paper test comprises of 4 separately timed segments.

The GMAT exam consists of 3 main parts which are,

Analytical Writing Assessment,
Quantitative segment and
Verbal segment.

The Quantitative segment has 2 kinds of questions:
Problem Solving and
Data Sufficiency.

There are a total of 37 questions in this segment with a time limit of 75 minutes.

The Verbal Segment has 3 kinds of questions:
Critical Reasoning,
Sentence Correction and
Reading Comprehension.

There are a total of 41 questions in this segment with a time limit of 75 minutes.

The Analytical writing segment comprises of two short theses to be written in 30 minutes each one.
The first is the Analysis of an Issue, in which you need to examine the issue available and explain your views on it.
The second essay is Analysis of a Dispute, in which a given argument has to be critically analyzed and assessed. For both the essays, the stress is on the "Analytical" part, and not on the "Writing" part.

All the Best !!
19th January 2017, 05:38 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How many attempts are allowed for 1 registration of GMAT?

I registered in 2015 for cpt but this year syllabus is changing it is applicable me plz guide me shall I write exam in old syllabus
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?