4th March 2015, 02:24 PM
Unregistered

Which subject should I choose to do MS in Abroad among Microbiology, Food Industry and Downstream Processing being an Integrated M.Tech(Biotechnology) student?

Hello,
I am currently in the 4th year of M.Tech Integrated in Biotechnology. I want to further pursue MS in Abroad.

1) Which subject among these (Microbiology, Cell biology, Food industry, Downstream processing) is good to go with in MS? Which one has good scope?
2) Which universities for which of the above subjects?
3) What are the job opportunities along with very good salary after MS?

I really need guidance.
Please do answer.
Thank you.

Related Questions:
11th March 2015, 09:42 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Which subject should I choose to do MS in Abroad among Microbiology, Food Industry and Downstream Processing being an Integrated M.Tech(Biotechnology) student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I am currently in the 4th year of M.Tech Integrated in Biotechnology. I want to further pursue MS in Abroad.

1) Which subject among these (Microbiology, Cell biology, Food industry, Downstream processing) is good to go with in MS? Which one has good scope?
2) Which universities for which of the above subjects?
3) What are the job opportunities along with very good salary after MS?

I really need guidance.
Please do answer.
Thank you.
From the specializations that you have provided and the information you have given it is best if you can get yourself admitted to the course of Microbiology.
Microbiology has endless scope when it comes to the future of the Course.
Microbiology is a course which is flourishing and if you have good knowledge in Microbiology then you are likely to get a very highly paid job.
Microbiology is often termed as the subject with the future as it is a subject which has not yet reached the saturation level and a lot of inventions need to happen in this field as it is understudied.

But it will be best if you take the specialization according to the subject which you know the best and have the best Knowledge in.
If you take a subject where you have less interest then you will have to have to work harder to achieve something than when you are studying in which you have interest.
So give it a long thought about what you want to do and think about the options that you have.
The salary given by the Courses that you have mentioned is a bit less than Microbiology but the salaries given in those streams are also very good.
So it is up to you to decide what you want to do finally.

For Microbiology you should try and join California Institute of Technology, for Cell Biology you should try ad get yourself admitted to University of Cambridge, for Food industry you should try and get yourself admitted into Princeton University for Downstream Processing you should try and get yourself admitted into Imperial College London.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?