15th December 2014, 02:55 AM
Unregistered

Is there any entrance exam available to get admission in MIT?

Hello
I want to take admission in MIT .
So I have to give any entrance exam?
can any one guide me please?
waiting for your response

23rd December 2014, 01:16 AM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any entrance exam available to get admission in MIT?

Yes, you have to take two tests. MIT offers admissions based on GRE and TOEFL or IELTS. You can choose any test between TOEFL and IELTS. To get an admission in MIT, you should have above 320 marks in GRE and 100+ marks in TOEFL. If it is IELTS, you should have minimum 7 bands.

GRE Exam :-
GRE exam is used to test the ability of a candidate in both Quantitative and Verbal Reasoning.It is conducted for 340 marks.

GRE exam will have three sections
Section I:-
1) Verbal Reasoning
i) Reading Comprehension
ii) Text Completion
iii) Sentence Equivalence

Section II:-
1) Quantitative Reasoning

Section III:-
1) Analytical Writing Assessment
i) Issue-Task essay
ii )Argument-Task essays

IELTS Exam:-
This is an exam to test the ability of a person in Reading, Listening, Writing, Speaking sections of English. Each section will hold forty marks.
And the exam will be conducted for Two and half hours
1)Listening - 30 minutes
2)Writing - 60 minutes
3)Reading - 60 minutes
4)Speaking - 10 to 14 minutes
The exam score will be calculated for 10 bands.

TOEFL Exam:-
TOEFL stands for Test Of English as Foreign Language. This exam will be based on the following sections
Exam pattern(120 marks)
Reading - 30 marks
Writing - 30 marks
Listening - 30 marks
Speaking - 30 marks
This exam is used to test the ability of a candidate in English language.
24th December 2014, 01:40 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any entrance exam available to get admission in MIT?

It is nice to see that you are aspiring for studies in MIT. However, you have not mentioned the course for which you want to get enrolled in MIT. This is because there are different entrance exams for admission in different courses in MIT. If you want to get into undergraduate course, you have to give SAT and TOEFL test. If you want to do higher studies after graduation in MIT, you need to give entrance exams- GRE and TOEFL. Apart from entrance tests there are other parameters like resume screening, work experience, career track record, etc. for selection of students during admission in MIT.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?