9th September 2014, 12:58 AM
Unregistered

Whether my planning regarding Study Abroad is correct? Can I expect financial assistance upto 90%?

Sir
I am Ananya Singh from India and planning to study abroad, mainly in US and UK. I have completed my 2 in 2010 with 84.66% in physics, chemistry and math and overall 81.4% which also include physical education and English. I am looking forward to top engineering colleges. i have basketball cluster certificate,social certificate, leadership certificate and worked in some institutions. Also i am a hip-hop dancer.
I planned to give the following exams
1. TOEFL in October
2. SAT in October
3. SAT physics and sat mathematics in April
4. AP AB calculus in May
5. AP physics B and C in May
I will try to give my best performance in these. I want to ask, is my planning about the above exams correct.
I have also another query that ,is asking for financial aid effect the selection procedure in any way.
I belong to lower middle class family and looking for financial aid upto 90%, if i done well i.e. above average level in exams in the exams listed, then sir please let me know my chances of selection in top 10 engineering colleges.
Thank you
Yours sincerely
Ananya Singh

22nd September 2014, 01:39 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether my planning regarding Study Abroad is correct? Can I expect financial assistance upto 90%?

Since most of the foreign institutes takes admission on the basis of SAT and TOEFL or IELTS score for the undergraduate course, so your planning is absolutely correct. However, the competition is very high, hence you need to work hard to achieve success. Coming to the later part of your query, yes, you can get financial assistance upto 90% even 100% in your study expense. You can get scholarships from the concerned institute on account of very good performance in the field of academics or some other field of talent. You can also take an education loan upto 20 lakhs for studying abroad. If you do very well in the entrance exams, you can not only get admission in the top engineering institute of the world but also get scholarship on the basis of very good score in the entrance exams.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?