Government Colleges in Mysore, Karnataka


In addition to the development of many IT companies in the city of Mysore, many schools, colleges are also coming up in the city, and the state government of Karnataka is taking every step to improve the educational facilities in the city.

The education system in this city is designed in such a way as to attract more IT companies to the state. Not only private colleges, but also a number of government colleges are also functioning in the city and these colleges belong to different faculties of education. The list of government colleges operating in the city of Mysore under different disciplines of education is given below:

Medical College:

Government Medical College, Mysore

Engineering Colleges:

International School of Information Technology

International School of Information Management

Teacher Education College:

Government College of Teacher Education

Arts & Science Colleges:

Government First Grade College, Hansur

Sri D. Devaraja URS Government first grade college

Government First Grade College, Krishnarajanagar

Maharani’s Arts & Commerce College for Women

Medical College:

The Government Medical College in Mysore came into existence in the year 1924 and the college is approved by the Medical Council of India. The college is offering MBBS course at the UG level and the different subjects covered by the college in PG level is given below:

M.D. in

o Pharmacology

o Pathology

o Pediatrics

o Anasthesiology

o Anatomy

o Dermatology

o General Medicine

o Microbiology

o Obstetrics & Gynaecology

o Ophthalmology

o Otorhinolaryngology

M.S in

o Orthopedics

o General Medicine

The college admits students to the MBBS course based on their performance in the Common Entrance Test conducted by the Karnataka Government. This procedure is followed only for 85% of the seats and the remaining 15% of the seats are meant for Central Government Quota to which admission is made based on AIPMT conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education.

Engineering Colleges:

The International School of Management is affiliated to the University of Mysore and it is offering the following courses:

Master of Technology in Information Systems & Management

PG Diploma in Information Management

Ph. D in Information Systems & Management

Certificate course in Information Systems & Management

Diploma in Information Systems & Management

Admission to this institution is done based on the performance of the students in CAT/MAT/GATE/PGCET or the entrance examination conducted by the institution itself in the name of ISiM Entrance Test. The other government run engineering institution deals with different level courses in information technology.

Teacher Education College:

The Government College of Teacher Education in the city of Mysore offer Bachelor of education course and for getting admission to this college, candidates must have completed their degree course in any discipline.

Arts & Science Colleges:

The government arts & science colleges in the city of Mysore offer courses under arts, science and commerce streams. Some of the subjects covered by these institutions are commerce, history, English, physics, computer science, Kannada, geography, economics, political science, etc…

Most of the government colleges in the city of Mysore are affiliated to Mysore University and these government-run college are popular for their quality of education and affordable fee.



Do you have any question? Please ask:

Questions will be answered on our Forum section

One Response to “Government Colleges in Mysore, Karnataka”

  1. 1

    plz tel me if there isany course in mysore about lannd survey