Jobs after B.Sc in Biochemistry
Biochemistry deals with study of chemical reactions, the structure and the various compositions of substances in living organisms. B.Sc in Biochemistry is a three year undergraduate course. Candidates who have completed this course can apply their knowledge in different fields. Some of those fields are given below.
- Molecular genetics
- DNA analysis
- Toxicological and environmental testing
This field is a highly specialized field and the graduates can find job opportunities in both public and private sector with promising salaries.
Private Sector Jobs after B.Sc in Biochemistry
Graduates in B.Sc in Biochemistry can find lucrative job opportunities in different fields in private sector. They can work as biochemist in companies which manufacture beauty care, medicine, food and chemicals. Some of the companies offer jobs for these graduates are Dabur, Hindustan Lever, Ranbaxy, Dr Reddy’s Labs and Meyer Organics Private Limited. Scientific career is another best option available for these graduates. They can work as Scientist or Research Assistant in research companies and laboratories. They can also pursue their career in sales and management field. Companies which manufacture chemical products should need sales personnel having good knowledge about the products. Thus these graduates can work as sales executives in such companies. They can also join the publishing house which publishes books about biochemistry. Teaching profession also suits these graduates if they possess right attitude towards this field.
Government Sector Jobs after B.Sc in Biochemistry
B.Sc in Biochemistry can look for variety of jobs in public sector. They can work as Biochemist in various public sector companies. Some of the public sector areas where these graduates can work as biochemistry are given below.
- Scientific laboratories
- Agriculture and fisheries
- Forensic Science
- Overseas Development
- Public Health Laboratories
- National Blood Services
- Cancer research institutes
- Environmental Pollution Control
These graduates can also get into different jobs through the exams conducted by UPSC and SSC. They can also get into Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Foreign Service (IFS) or Indian Police Service (IPS) by appearing Civil Services exam.
Job Prospects Abroad after B.Sc in Biochemistry
In foreign countries there will be more companies which manufacture chemical and food products. Candidates having B.Sc in Biochemistry can look for reputed jobs in these companies. But such graduates should have at least two or three years experience in the related field to join these companies. These graduates can gain better remuneration from these companies than those located in India. Research companies and laboratories in foreign countries are also offering jobs for experienced candidates who have completed B.Sc degree in Biochemistry.
- M.sc in Biochemistry
- Government jobs after BSc Biochemistry
- Jobs after M.Sc in Biochemistry
- Bachelor of Forensic Biochemistry
- Bsc in Biochemistry, Biochemistry Bsc
- B.Sc in Biochemistry vs B.Sc in Bioinformatics - Which course is better?
- B.Sc in Medical Lab Training (Biochemistry)
- Biochemistry – Courses and Job Prospects
- Difference between Biomedicine and Biochemistry
- Difference between Biochemistry and Biotechnology
- What to do after B Sc Biochemistry?
- Biochemist - How to become a Biochemist?
- Career after M.Sc in Biochemistry
- Higher study options after B.Sc. Bio chemistry
- Scope after M.Sc in Biochemistry