M.Sc. Computer Science Vs. MCA-Which course is better?
Although both these courses are post graduate options, going for any of these course will depend on career aspirations and the technical competence of prospective students.
M.Sc. Computer Science
M.Sc. Computer Science is a post graduation course that can be done after B.Sc. Computer science or Computer Technology. This is a two year programme. The course is mainly focused on software development and application. These can be applied to various fields of technology, business, education and science. Various universities and institutions in the country offer this branch of study. There are many career opportunities also after this course. A person who has pursued this post graduation can perform in different areas like teaching, software development, testing, networking, etc.
Master of Computer Applications is also a post graduation course of three year duration. This can be done after graduation in any stream of study related to computer field. MCA covers various topics related to programming and designing. The main aim of this course is on the development of applicable software and not only the designing of computer hardware and system software. There are numerous colleges in India that offers this particular branch of study. The admission to this course is based on the entrance exam carried out by the respective institutions or universities or the State. The career opportunities for these postgraduate candidates are very huge. One can perform in various roles like software developer, Software consultant, software engineer, systems analyst, etc.
Key Difference between M.Sc. Computer Science and MCA
Even though the two post graduation courses are at same level there are some differences between them. MCA is a 3 year programme where as M.Sc. computer science is a 2year programme. MCA covers the software and its application related field. M.Sc. computer science covers the both hardware and software field. A person with strong background in computational and scientific field is only able to opt for this course. Those who have pursued a graduation in computer science or computer technology alone can opt for M.Sc. computer Science, while MCA can be done by any science graduates.
Which course is better?
The career opportunities for both these graduates are many. But most MNCs prefer MCA graduates to M.Sc. graduates. This is because the MCA graduates are well aware of the software applications. But for developing new software, M.Sc. graduates are preferred. MCA’s are most suitable for the working purposes in various companies. While considering a bright career, MCA course will be better than M.Sc. computer science.
- Difference between MSc Computer Science and MCA
- University of Kashmir-Faculty of Applied Science & Technology Test- MCA (M.Sc in Computer Science) Papers
- Difference between MCA and MSc IT
- List of MCA Entrance Examinations 2010
- Difference between M.Sc. Computer Science and M.Tech Computer Science
- Colleges Offering M.Sc in Computer Science and MCA course in Bangalore
- Difference between MEng and MSc
- M.Sc in Computer Science/MCA in BHU- Eligibility Requirements and Admission Process
- Tamil Nadu Open University-MCA Ist Year Theory of Computer Science (MCA 10) Papers
- MCA Colleges in Mumbai
- WBUT, MCA, Sem I, Computer Programming with C (MCA 103) Papers
- MCA Colleges in Mizoram
- MCA Colleges in Ahmedabad
- PTU MCA 5th Sem-Computer Graphics (MCA-501) Papers
- List of Masters in Computer Application Entrance Exams