Difference between MSc Computer Science and MCA
Both, MSC computer science and Masters in Computer Application are post graduation courses in computer science discipline. But MCA is a course which students other than BSC computer science or BSC computer technology can also do. But to do MSC computer science course, one must be a graduate in computer science or have a background in science and computation areas like maths.
MSc Computer Science Course and Opportunities
MSc in Computer Science covers various areas which can be applied to various areas like technology, science, business and education. A person who has done MSC computer science will have opportunities in software development, testing and networking. Companies such as Oracle, HP, Wipro, IBM, Compaq etc. are hiring people with MSC computer science qualification. A person who is very much interested in teaching computer science or doing research in the field of computer should definitely go for MSC computer science.
MCA Course and Opportunities
MCA course is suitable for those who wish to have a career in Software. An MCA degree holder will have great job opportunities in top level IT companies and consultancy firms. A person with MCA can become Software Programmer, Software Engineer, Software Developer, Systems Analyst, Software Application Architect, and Software Consultant
Many MNC’s prefer MCA candidates to MSC candidates. MCA’s are well aware of the applications. But to develop a new one, a person with MSC computer science is required. Thus, for working purpose an MCA is preferred but for Research purpose always M.Sc.Computer Science will be preferred.
Key differentiators between MSc Computer Science and MCA
MSc computer science is 2 years course where as MCA is a 3 year course. MCA deals with Computer application i.e. Software related. MSc computer science on the other hand deals with the theoretical details of hardware and software along with logic & algorithm. Those having a strong computational and scientific background opt for this field. The course also provides an excellent grounding for further research, either through PhD study or in a commercial setting.
- M.Sc. Computer Science Vs. MCA-Which course is better?
- Difference between MCA and MSc IT
- Difference between M.Sc. Computer Science and M.Tech Computer Science
- Difference between MEng and MSc
- University of Kashmir-Faculty of Applied Science & Technology Test- MCA (M.Sc in Computer Science) Papers
- Difference Between B.Tech. and B.E.
- List of MCA Entrance Examinations 2010
- Difference between M.Sc in Food Science and M.Sc in Home Science
- Difference between M.Sc in Bioinformatics and M.Sc in Biochemistry
- Difference between MCA and PGDCA
- Difference between M.Sc Food Science and M.Sc Food Technology
- Difference between science and applied science
- Difference between BCA (Bachelor of Computer Application) and B.Sc (Computer Science)
- Colleges Offering M.Sc in Computer Science and MCA course in Bangalore
- Difference between M.Sc Physical Science and M.Sc Biological Science