M.Sc in Medical Physics Course and Admission process in Punjab University
M.Sc in Medical Physics is one among the PG level courses offered at Punjab University. Intake capacity to the course is 8 only. Selection of candidates to this limited number of seats is done on the basis of OCET.
Course Curriculum for M.Sc in Medical Physics Course in Punjab University
- Fundamental Anatomy
- Radiation Physics
- Applied Mathematics, Biostatistics and Computer Applications
- Radiation Biology
- Basic Physiology and Cancer Biology
- Fundamentals of Electronics and Biomedical instrumentation
- Radiation Detection and Measurements
- Radioisotope Applications and Radiation Safety
- Radiotherapy & Imaging Equipment & Quality Assurance
- Radiation Dosimetry and Standardization
- Radiation Safety
- Radiation Therapy – Teletherapy Treatment Planning
- Radiation Therapy – Brachytherapy Treatment Planning
- Recent advances in treatment planning.
Semester-V and VI
- Viva Voce
Brief Description on M.Sc in Medical Physics
M.Sc in Medical Physics is a clinical specialty course, offering training in areas of radiotherapy and allied applications. Scientific aspects related to radiotherapy planning and treatment is mainly covered under the course. This specialized branch of medicine helps candidate to perform well in the role of ‘Clinical Physicist’, Researcher, etc in medical field. Duration of the course is three years. Final year is meant for internship program. Internship must be done in the radiotherapy department of PGIMER, Chandigarh.
Admission Procedure for M.Sc in Medical Physics in Punjab University
B.Sc degree from Punjab University or equivalent is the basic qualification required to apply. The degree must be obtained with minimum 60% marks and with Physics as main/elective subjects. Eligible candidates can seek admission to the course on the basis of written exam conducted by the University.
The written exam is called as Other-Common Entrance Test (OCET) and it comprises of objective model questions only. There will be 75 questions for the test. Each question carries one mark to make a total of 75 marks. Time allotted for the completion of the test is 1 hour 30 minutes. Syllabus of the test is based on the course curriculum of B.Sc Physics course.
Applications for attending the entrance test can be submitted through the official portal of OCET. First part of the application process is to register with the basic details of the applicant. Name, address, mail-id, etc are the basic details to be entered during registration. Registration process leads candidate to a new web page. From this web page, candidate can download the challan through which they can make the fee payment. Application fee for the test is Rs.1600/- which can be paid through any of the branches of SBI.
After fee payment, candidate can go for final registration process. In this process, fee payment details and other details like educational qualifications, marks obtained, etc must be entered. Along with this, candidate should upload a passport size photograph in scanned form.
- M.Sc in Medical Lab Technology Colleges and Admission Process
- Difference between M.Sc Physics and Integrated M.Sc-Ph.D Physics
- MBBS Colleges in Punjab
- Difference between MSc Computer Science and MCA
- M.Sc in Medical Lab Technology Colleges in India and Admission Procedure
- The Tamil Nadu DR. MGR Medical University MSc in Microbiology Systematic Bacteriology Papers
- Chettinad University 2011 MSc Medical
- Ayurvedic Medical Officers, Punjab Public Service Commission
- Difference between MEng and MSc
- MSc Oceanography and Coastal Area Studies, Oceanography and Coastal Area Studies MSc
- M.Sc in Forestry - Colleges and Admission process
- Assistant Manager, Obstetrician, Punjab National Rural Health Mission
- Medical Officer - Director Health Services (SI), Punjab National Rural Health Mission (NRHM)
- M.Sc in Nuclear Physics, Nuclear Physics M.Sc
- Eligibility and Admission Process for Integrated M.Sc. - Ph.D. in IIT, Kharagpur