Overview of NASA jobs
National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) provide ample job opportunities in various departments. The jobs available would be in the technical, administrative or management sections ranges. Candidates who have got experience of 2 to 5 years in relevant field are eligible to apply for these posts.
Professional, Engineering and Scientific jobs in NASA
More than 60 % of total jobs in NASA fall under this category. Candidates who have bachelor’s degree or higher education in a specialized subject are eligible for this post. Candidates have to be specialized in any of the fields like Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Law or Accounting. Major departments wherein a candidate can find these jobs are.
- General Engineering
- Computer Science
- Computer Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
Administrative and Management jobs in NASA
Candidates who wish to work in these areas should have knowledge of concepts and practices associated with organizations and administration. They are required to have skills to conduct analytical research, writing and judgment. Major Job positions available under this category are Administrative Specialist/ Budget Analyst/ Contract Specialist/ Information Technology Specialist and Public Affairs Specialist.
Clerical and Administrative Support jobs in NASA
This section occupies almost 7 to 9 percentage of jobs in NASA. The job profile includes duties such as preparing, receiving, reviewing, and verifying documents; processing transactions etc. In addition to this, candidates will have to maintain office records and compile as well as locate data from files. The major job positions under this category are listed below.
- Procurement Clerk
- Office Automation Clerk
- Management Assistant
- Accounting Technician
Technical and Medical Support jobs in NASA
Candidates need to have practical knowledge of techniques and equipment, gained through experience or specific training. Graduation is the minimum requirement for these posts. The job positions that are available under this category are Electronics Technician, Engineering Technician and Meteorological Technician.
Trades and Labor Jobs in NASA
Candidates who have gained skills in mechanical and electrical crafts can apply for job positions in this segment. The job positions under this section are listed below.
- High Voltage Electrician
- Instrument Maker
- Model Making
- Utility Systems Repair
- Pathways Programs in NASA
Jobs under this category are meant for students and fresh graduates. These programmes are targeted at students who have completed their studies. Job positions in this category are listed below.
- Presidential Management Fellows Programme
- Internship Employment Program
- Recent Graduates Program
Candidates can apply for jobs that match their educational qualification through the official website of NASA.
- Difference between Astronomer and Astronaut
- Jobs after M.Sc Physics
- Steps to get in to the field of Astronomy after 12th
- Career after B.Tech in Aerospace Engineering
- Robotics—an IT Trend
- Career after B.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering
- Salaries after B.Tech in Biomedical Engineering
- Scope after B.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering
- Jobs after B.Tech in Aerospace Engineering
- http://www.nitw.ac.in/NitwNew/index.aspx NIT Warangal official website
- Jobs in Public Relations sector
- Jobs after B.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering
- Jobs after B.Tech Mining Engineering
- http://www.cmch-vellore.edu/ CMC Vellore Official website
- What to do after B.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering?