Pay Scale for Assistant Professors in Government Jobs
After the sixth pay commission, the pay scale for the position of Assistant Professors in Government organization has been raised. Previously the pay scale for assistant professor was as follows:
• Assistant Professor: 8000-275-13500
• Assistant Professor (Senior Scale): 10000-325-15200
• Assistant Professor (Selection Grade): 12000-420-18300
However, now the pay scale is increased as follows:
• Assistant Professor: 15600-39100 with grade pay of Rs. 6600
• Assistant Professor (Senior Scale): 15600-39100 with grade pay of Rs. 7200
• Assistant Professor (Selection Grade): 15600-39100 with grade pay of Rs. 8000
These pay packages are applicable both for government-run universities and colleges in India as per the sixth pay commission report.
More details about the increments for the position of assistant professors:
As per the sixth pay commission report, candidates selected for the post of assistant professors can get four to six increments and they will also gain Rs. 600 as grade pay.
Recent notification for this position:
Many educational institutions, colleges and universities run by government call for applications from eligible candidates for the position of Assistant professors. Recently some of the government-run education institutions like University of Agricultural Sciences, Kamla Nehru Institute of Technology and Delhi Technological University called for candidates from appropriate field of education for the post of Assistant Professor.
The educational qualification requirement for the post of Assistant Professor differs according to the institution for which the candidates apply. Most of the educational institution requires candidates to be post graduates in the appropriate field of education for which they are applying. Even, some institution requires the candidates to be M. Phil and Ph. D holders in appropriate field of education.
Most of the government-run educational institutions select candidates for the post of assistant professors based on the performance in the written examination in the appropriate field of education. This test is conducted to judge the knowledge of the candidates in that particular field of education. Even some institutions conduct walk-in-interviews for selecting candidates for the post of assistant professors.
Scope of Assistant Professors:
Government-run educational institutions recruit even fresh entrants to the educational field for the position of assistant professors. Therefore, candidates can acquire good knowledge in their respective area of education by assisting the senior professors in the appropriate educational department. Candidates can be posted as Professors after working for some years as assistant professors. Candidates with an urge to work in the educational field and with good knowledge in their field of education can apply for this position.
- Medical Physicist, Assistant Professor, Delhi State Cancer Institute
- Professors, Central University of Kashmir
- Professors, Central University of Jharkhand
- Pay scale for Associate Professor in Government Jobs
- Professors, Associate professors and Assistant professors, Tripura University
- Professor and Lecturer, MVJ College of Engineering
- Professors, Central University of Gujarat
- Professors, Surat Municipal Institute of Medical Education and Research
- Professors, Delhi University
- Professors, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
- Faculty Jobs, National Institute of Rural Development
- Professors, Ram Manohar Lohia Institute of Medical Sciences
- Professors and Associate Professors, Jamia Hamdard University
- Professors, Indian School of Mines
- Professors and Assistant Professors, Seth Jai Prakash Mukand Lal Institute of Engineering and Technology