Short Service Commission (Trainee) - Indian Army
The history of Indian Army dates back almost thousand years back. The Indian Army is battle trained efficiently after fighting four major wars, as well as insurgency and other low intensity wars. The headquarters of the Indian Army was started in the Red Fort at Delhi.
The field force of the Indian Army is classified into Corps. The Corps Headquarters handles all the three to five divisions of the arms field army. The Army includes many divisions such as armored divisions, mountain divisions, infantry divisions, Order of Battle, and mechanized divisions.
Indian Army invites application from eligible Indian citizens for the post of Short Service Commission (SSC) Officer in Army Medical Corps.
No. of posts: 100
Pay Scale – Rs. 15600 - 39100 + Grade pay of Rs. 6100 + MSP of Rs. 6000.
Age criteria – The maximum age limit is 45 years (Relaxable as per rules).
Educational Qualification – The candidates must have passed final year MBBS in first/ second attempt and must have completed internship. The candidates must have a permanent registration from any Medical Council. Candidates with Post graduation degree such as MD/ MS/ MCh/ DM may also apply. For more details refer the Indian Army’s website.
Candidates are selected through interview.
Expected interview date – In the month of July/ August 2011.
How to apply:
Interested eligible candidates must apply through the application form as prescribed in the website link https://3229679087181363836-a-1802744773732722657-s-sites.googlegroups.com/site/currentjobsindia/Home/armymedicalcorpsssc.jpg?attachauth=ANoY7cr7LZrINJa6IAd_vhPbXrTSAiR5GoliQqy49s1Nhxq-ulWwuI6OC5C2aLjRUK0Jvcs4JPCJ1FGHLdLA5as-cwnhfC14qqf6tsDnKGU_lPzNPfYVUjMha3CxQrwKiCUVR6uhy-2HujIMzYdC60iKWBxI_n2Y4_SpPEvM0_roJfEBWeyXSDQP92LLhQVyIwXUvjvpDRLpXNjlqe_h0hrxEwR8hoCb0aWuVG5-jtJLk9u4uZvBASA%3D&attredirects=0 . Completely filled application form must be sent to following address along with required enclosures:
The Office of the Director General,
Armed Forces Medical Services/ DG-1A,
Ministry of Defence,
New Delhi – 110001
Demand draft of Rs. 200 must be drawn from any Nationalized Bank in favor of the Director General Armed Forces Medical Services (APF Fund), payable at New Delhi.
Webmaster, Indian Army
Room No B-30, ADG PI
Integrated Headquarters of MoD (Army)
New Delhi- 110011
Last date to apply: 16.05.2011
For more complete and detailed information regarding the post visit the Indian Army’s website http://indianarmy.nic.in
- Army Officer - How to become an Army officer?
- Short Service Commissioned (SSC) Officer, Indian Army
- Law Officers, Indian army
- NCC Special Entry Scheme, Indian Army
- Government Jobs in Military Sector
- Remount Veterinary Corps, Indian Amry
- Government Jobs in Ministry of Defence
- Career Options in the Army for Graduates
- Entry Schemes for Women to Indian Army
- SSC Officer Dental Corps - Indian Army
- 10+2 Technical Entry Scheme Course, Indian Army
- 8th Short Service Commission (Technical) Women Course (Oct-2011), Indian Army
- Junior Commission Officer (Religious Teacher), Indian Army
- 27th 10+2 Technical Entry Scheme (TES) Course July 2011, Indian Army
- Junior Engineers - Public Service Commission, Uttar Pradesh (UP)