Admission Procedure for Ph.D in SIU
Master degree holders with a minimum of 55% marks can apply for Ph.D courses in Symbiosis International University (SIU) Pune. Admission to the course is made through written test and interview. Topics on English proficiency, research aptitude, logical ability, and mental ability are asked for the entrance exam. Interested studuents can submit application through the official website of SIU.
Eligibility Criteria for Ph.D in SIU
Candidate should satisfy one of the following requirements in order to seek admission to Ph.D program in SIU.
- Masters degree in the concerned subject with at least 55% marks/ equivalent CGPA from any of the recognized Universities of India.
- Masters degree in any subject with 55% marks and at least 5 years of work experience in interdisciplinary research area for which admission is sought
- M.Phil/ equivalent degree with a minimum of 55% marks
- Fellow members of the ICWA-Institute of Costs and Works Accounting, CA-Chartered Accounts of India CFA (USA), or Company Secretaries of India
- Candidates from Faculties of Management, Law, Social Sciences and Humanities should have at least 55% marks in graduation along with 5 years after graduation experience.
- Candidates holding foreign Master Degrees (NRI, PIO and Foreign Nationals) should qualify Symbiosis ELTIS Band 3 IELA test / IELTS with a score of 6.5/ equivalent test related to proficiency in English.
SC/ST candidates are eligible for 5% relaxation in marks
Admission Procedure for Ph.D in SIU
Admissions are done on the basis of entrance test conducted at the University. University notifies details regarding number of vacancies and admission entrance test at the beginning of every academic year. Admission notification will be given in University website and applicants should follow that. The Proposed Research Idea of the applicant along with application should be send to the given address. Plan of action and area of proposed research should be detailed in Proposed Research Idea. Entrance test shall be of 75 marks multiple choice questions. Duration of Entrance test for Ph.D program will be 1 hour and 30 minutes. Entrance test comprise of topics such as -
- English Proficiency – 25 Marks
- Research Aptitude – 25 Marks
- Logical and Mental Ability – 25 Marks
Candidates qualified in the entrance test will be shortlisted and issued in the official website of University. Qualified candidates from entrance test shall appear for Personal Interview. Final selection is done on the basis of merit from personal interview and availability of vacancies. Admission is confirmed only after getting the approval from Research Proposal by the Doctoral Committee and Course Work’s successful completion.
- Eligibility and Admission Procedure for M.A History in Delhi University
- Application Procedure for B.Ed (Distance mode) in Kakatiya University
- Eligibility Criteria and Admission Procedure for MBA in Mizoram University
- Admission procedure in ISM Dhanbad
- Eligibility Requirements and Admission Procedure for M.Sc in Computer Science
- Admission procedure in Badruka group of Institutions
- Admission Procedure for M.Sc Nursing in Kerala
- Admission Process for PGDM in IMDR
- Courses and Admission Procedure in Goenka College of Commerce and Business Administration
- Courses and Admission Process in ABES College
- Admission Procedure of B.Tech
- Procedure to join Law in Nirma University
- Admission Procedure of MCA
- Usual Admission Procedure for Ph.D in Management
- Details on Rashtriya Indian Military College (RIMC) Admission Test 2013