Difference between a PhD in Psychology and a PsyD
PhD in psychology and a PsyD course, both relates to a doctorate degree in psychology. Though both degrees are same in level, they are quite different in various respects. One must be wondering about the difference in the two courses. Being o0f the same level and in the same area, both the courses have a lot of similarities, but6 at the same time they have a lot of differences. Here are few of the differences between PhD in Psychology and a PsyD degree.
The main difference is in the degree that the graduate gets after the completion of the course. One graduating with the Psyd degree gets a doctorate of Psychology on graduating. However the scenario is different in case of the PhD in Psychology. One graduating in this degree gets a doctorate of philosophy in clinical Psychology. This might sound a lot confusing, but this is the real and the major difference between the courses.
In other words after the completing of the course of PsyD, one gets a doctorate degree in Psychology, while after completing the course of PhD in psychology, one gets a doctorate in Philosophy degree in Clinical psychology.
Another important difference between the courses is their area of approach. They PhD course basically deals with the approach in research more than clinical training. The same thing is reverse in case of PsyD degree. In case of PsyD degree the focus is more on the clinical training rather than researches. Thus, under the PsyD course, the number of psychological trainings that the students receive is much more than what the students get under the course of PhD in Psychology.
Apart from that, the students get prepared about the various clinical settings under the course of PsyD, in comparison to the PhD in psychology.
- PhD in Psychology Vs PsyD - Which course is better?
- Difference between PhD and PsyD
- Difference between BSc Psychology and BA Psychology
- Distance learning program of PhD
- Difference between a Counseling Psychologist and Financial Aid Counselor
- Difference between Criminal Psychology and Forensic Psychology
- Difference between Doctor of Education degree (EDD) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
- Difference between Sociology and Psychology
- Difference Between MPhil and PhD
- Difference between masters and PhD degree course
- Difference between M.A in Psychology and M.Phil in Psychology
- Difference between PhD and D.Sc
- Difference between Psychology and Psychiatry
- List of Forensics Psychology Entrance Exams
- Forensic Psychologist - How to become a Forensic Psychologist?