Admission to M.Sc in Computer Science Course in Pune University


Pune University offers M.Sc in Computer Science in a semester pattern. Object Oriented Software Engineering, Software Architecture, Information System Security, etc are some of the subjects included in the syllabus of the course. Candidates having B.Sc degree in Computer Science can seek admission to the course. Out of the total seats available, admission to 70% seats are offered on the basis of merit and score in the entrance exam conducted by the University. Admission to the rest 30% seats is made on the basis of management decision.

Course Curriculum of M.Sc in Computer Sciencein Pune University


  • Principles of Programming Languages
  • Object Oriented Software Engineering
  • Distributed Database Concepts
  • Design and Analysis of Algorithms
  • Lab course (Departmental)

Semester II

  • XML .NET Programming (Departmental)
  • UNIX Internals
  • Advanced Networking Concepts
  • Software Architecture
  • Lab course (University)

Semester III

  • Information System Security
  • Mobile Computing
  • Software Metrics & Project Management
  • Elective (Departmental)
  • Lab course (Departmental)

Semester IV

  • Industrial Training project

Admission to M.Sc in Computer Sciencein Pune University

Pune University conducts an entrance exam for admission to M.Sc in Computer Science course. A bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent is the necessary eligibility criteria to attend this exam. From the 70% merit seats, 50% seats are meant for candidates belonging to reserved categories from the state of Maharashtra.

Admission criteria for candidates having bachelor’s degree from Pune University is slightly different from other applicants. For Pune University students, equal weightage is given to the marks obtained in qualifying exam and University entrance exam. Admission of students from other Universities is made solely on the basis of score of entrance exam.

Pune University M.Sc Computer Science entrance test includes a total of 100 questions. This objective type entrance test comprises questions from Mathematics, General Aptitude and English Language. Entrance test is usually conducted during the second week of February. Eligible candidates, who wish to pursue the course, should send their application in advance. Application fee for to the test is Rs. 575/- for general category candidates and students outside the state of Maharashtra. Reserved category candidates of Maharashtra state should pay Rs. 475/- as application fee. Application fee must be paid in the form of Demand Draft via any of the nationalized banks of the country. DD must be taken in the name of Registrar of University of Pune.

Those who qualify this entrance test will have to attend an interview as part of selection.



Do you have any question? Please ask:

Questions will be answered on our Forum section