Courses in PICT Pune and application procedure
Pune Institute of Computer Technology offers B.E and M.E courses in computer science, electronics and microwave engineering. Candidates can seek admission to B.E courses through MHT CET or AIEEE score while GATE score is required for admission to M.E course. Non GATE candidates can get admission to M.E course through entrance test and interview.
Courses in PICT Pune
- Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering in Information Technology
- Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
- Master of Engineering in Computer Engineering
- Master of Engineering in Information Technology
- Master of Engineering in Microwave Engineering
B.E course - For getting admission to B.E course at PICT Pune, one should qualify the Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (MHT CET). Those who have passed senior secondary examination from Maharashtra State Board of Examination or its equivalent with minimum of 45% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics altogether can apply for MHT CET. However, candidates belonging to reserved or physically handicapped category need to obtain only minimum of 40% marks for the same.
Only Indian Nationals can appear for this test. Candidates can forward their application to the concerned authority when the notification gets published in the website of Directorate of Technical Education, Mumbai. After this test, the concerned authority will publish a merit list of MHT CET qualified candidates. From that list, candidates can check their rank and score obtained in the test.
Once the candidates get the score card of MHT CET, they can forward their application to PICT Pune for admission. But they should wait until the notification gets published for B.E admission. The institute will short list the candidates according to their MHT CET score and send call letter to inform them about the date of counselling. After taking part in the counselling process, one can join the B.E course offered at PICT Pune. Candidates can also seek admission to B.E course on the basis of All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE) score. To appear for AIEEE, one should have minimum of 50% aggregate score in senior secondary examination.
M.E course - For joining M.E course offered at PICT Pune, one needs to obtain B.E/B.Tech degree in relevant stream. Apart from that, they should qualify the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) conducted at All India Level. Candidates can apply for M.E course with valid GATE score and attend the interview if they get short listed. They can pursue M.E course at PICT Pune if they do well in interview round too. Separate entrance test will be conducted for Non GATE candidates and admission will be based on the score obtained in this entrance test. They also need to attend an interview process for admission.
- Admission Procedure and Fee structure for M.E/M.Tech Electrical Engineering in Pune
- Admission Procedure for M.Com in Pune University
- List of AICTE approved colleges in Pune
- Admission Procedure and Fee structure for MCA course in Pune University
- MBA (Biotechnology) Admissions in Pune University
- List of Universities in Pune
- Pune University M.Sc in Physics Entrance Exam
- BBA Colleges in Maharashtra
- Admission procedure to medical Colleges in Pune
- Padmashree Dr. D Y Patil Institute of Engineering and Technology, Haveli, Pune
- ILS Law College, Pune
- BCA Colleges in Maharashtra
- IIIT Pune
- Professor, Associate Professor, University of Pune
- MCA Colleges in Maharashtra