B.Tech in Civil Engineering Lateral Entry Admission in Mangalayatan University


Candidates who have completed their diploma in Civil Engineering can join for B.Tech through lateral entry in Mangalayatan University. Mangalayatan University is one among the prominent universities of the country. The University is situated in Aligarh. The university offers several under graduate, post graduate courses in different streams such as Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Electronics & Communications, Computer Science, Information Technology, Mechanical Engineering and Civil Engineering for candidates all over India.

Eligibility for B.Tech in Civil Engineering Lateral Entry in Mangalayatan University

Candidates who have completed their Diploma in Civil engineering from any of the recognized institutions are eligible to join Mangalayatan University for doing B.Tech in Civil Engineering through Lateral Entry. Candidates should have a gross aggregate of 60% in their diploma course in order to apply for the course. Candidates who belong to the backward communities will be given a relaxation.

Reservation for Lateral Entry in Mangalayatan University

Out of the total seats allotted for civil engineering, 10% are reserved for lateral entry candidates. 85% of the available seats are filled by Government quota and the rest 15% by management quota. A reservation of 40% is given to OBC, PWD, SC/ST and SEBC category students.

Applying for in Civil Engineering Lateral Entry in Mangalayatan University

Application form along with the information brochure can be collected from the cash counter at the university office or from selected outlets of Punjab National Bank by paying a cash amount of Rs. 750/-. Candidates can also download the form from the official website of the university. In this case they should also attach a demand draft of Rs.750/- drawn in favor of F. O. Mangalayatan University.

Advantages for Lateral Entry Students in Civil Engineering

Lateral entry students can directly join the second year of studies. This is their main advantage that they can skip the first year course. Lateral entry students study the basics of the subject during their diploma course and so they won’t have any problem if they are missing the first year. The lab sessions will be easier for lateral entry students as they have already gone through these labs during their diploma course. The chances of getting a job will also be high for lateral entry candidates as they will be having more knowledge about the subject.

Contact details of Mangalayatan University

The contact details are as follows:

  • Address: Mangalayatan Institute of Engineering & Technology, Extended NCR, Mathura-Aligarh Highway, 33rd Milestone – 202 145
  • Phone: 05722-272100
  • Website: http://mangalayatan.in/institutes/institute-of-engineering-technology.aspx


Do you have any question? Please ask:

Questions will be answered on our Forum section