Air Hostess, Career as Air Hostess
An Air hostess is a person who is responsible to welcome and aid the travelers in making the trip as smooth as possible in various airlines. This profession is mainly meant for beautiful young girls. Her tasks include demonstrating emergency devices and also serving the passengers with food and drinks. She should also give special attention to those traveling by privilege class and those who are sick. They have to work sometimes even at odd times depending on the flight schedules. Normally graduates are preferred for this profession.
To be an air hostess one has to fulfill a lot of qualifications apart from the academic qualifications including the following.
- Age limit of 18 to 25 years
- Unmarried females
- Height of 5 feet 2 inches minimum with proportionate weight
- Knowledge of Foreign Language (Preferred)
- Diploma in Tourism/ Hotel Management (Preferred)
- Good eyesight
- Medically Fit
- Good English fluency
- 1 Year experience in Hospitality Industry (Preferred)
- Knowledge of First Aid (Preferred)
- Presentable and Pleasing Personality without visible tattoos
- Confident wearing knee length skirts
- No criminal background
- People friendly with good communication skills and positive attitude
- Ability to handle stress and work pressures
- Not scared of heights
- Knowledge to swim
Career Opportunities in Public Sector
There are a lot of job opportunities for air hostess in the Public sector. The main employers in the aviation industry in the Public sector are Air India and Indian Airlines. They are also employed in ground duties after gaining sufficient experience where they will have duties as ground hostess, check hostess, trainer of airhostesses etc.
Career Opportunities in Private Sector
In Private sector also air hostess have a lot of job opportunities. There are a lot of private airlines in our country that offer a lot of job openings for them. Some of the top private airlines in India include the following.
- Go Air
- Jet Airways
- Air Sahara
- Jagson Airline
- Paramount Airways
- Kingfisher Airlines
- Spice Jet
Air Hostess Opportunities Abroad
An air hostess has a great career scope abroad as well. Air hostesses are of great demand in most of the foreign countries. They will be offered attractive salary packages also. How ever the selection procedures to become an air hostess abroad will be tedious. Once they get placed in any of the airlines abroad they have an amazing future ahead.
A fresher in this field can earn in the range of Rs. 15000/- to Rs.30000/- per month. How ever the actual salary differs with various airlines. After gaining an experience of a few years one can earn up to Rs.100000/- per month.
- How To Become An Air Hostess
- List Of Air Hostess Training Institutes
- Air Hostess - How to become an Air Hostess?
- How to join as Air Hostess?
- Air Hostess after 12th
- List Of Aviation And Pilot Training Institutes
- Aviation course as a significant tool for the upliftment of women
- Aviation industry and its contribution in grooming the status of women in society
- Diploma/Certificate courses in Civil Aviation
- M.A in Japanese
- Become an Airhostess – Fulfill your Flying Dreams
- Difference between B.Tech in Food technology and Bachelor of Hotel Management
- Institute of Hotel Management, Bhaijipura, Gandhinagar
- CCAT 2011
- How To Plan Your Career