How to join IAF as an Officer after Intermediate 10+2?
The Indian Air Force is one of the 3 wings of the Indian defense services of the government of India. Not only can a career with the Air Force be challenging, but it is lucrative too. Details on how to join the Indian Air Force subsequent to the completion of intermediary is provided below.
Branches Available For the Candidates to Join In the IAF
Candidates have the opportunity to join any of the given three branches. They are:
- Flying Branch
- Technical Branch
- Ground Duty Branches
Training Institutes in India:
- Air Force Academy, Hyderabad.
- Air Force Administrative College, Coimbatore.
- Air force Training Technical College, Jalahali.
- Airmen Training School (ATS)
- College of Air warfare, Sikandrabad.
- Communications Training Institute
- Electronics Training Institute
- Elementary Flying Training School, Beeder (AP).
- Fighter Training Wing, Hakimpeth.
- Flying Instructors School, Tambaram
- Mechanical Transport Training Institute
- Paratrooper Training School, Agra
- The Administrative Training Institute
- The Electrical And Instrument Training Institute
- Workshop Training Institute
Qualification to Joining the Indian Air Force as Officer
To join the NDA, the candidates must be Indian citizens with no less then 16 ½ and not more than 19 years of age. Only men can join after the pass of their intermediate exams. The qualification that is needed by a candidate to join the NDA is a pass in class 10+2 with Mathematics and Physics. Those who are studying in their last year are also eligible to apply.
Selection procedure of the IAF
To join the NDA, the candidates will have to appear for the written test that is performed by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). Aspirants who are shortlisted subsequent to the preliminary selection procedure will have to go through a meticulous training regime at the National Defence Academy.
Those who have cleared this exam will be shortlisted. The duration of this training period is 3 years. Following this, the candidates will be given specialized training at the Air Force Academy. Those who pass out of the academy successfully will be commissioned as officers and placed as pilots at any of the Stations of the Indian Air Force.
- IAF Airman - How to become an IAF Airman?
- How to join IAF in the Technical Branch after Graduation?
- How to join Air force?
- How to join IAF in the flying Branch after Graduation?
- Indian Air Force Pilot - How to become an Indian Air Force Pilot?
- IAF Airman Non Tech Trades Entrance Exam Pattern
- PTU MCA 1st Sem-Programming in C (MCA-102) Papers
- How to prepare for I.A.F. Airman (Educational Instructors Trade) Exam?
- IAF Education Instructor 2011 Exam
- IAF Airman Non Tech Trades Exam Eligibility Criteria
- IAF 2011 Airman
- U.P Board Intermediate Physics Papers
- Job Opportunities after M.A in Sociology
- U. P. Board Intermediate General English Papers
- U.P Board Intermediate Home Science Papers