How to join IAF as an Officer after Intermediate 10+2?
The Indian Air Force is one of the 3 wings of the Indian defense services of the government of India. Not only can a career with the Air Force be challenging, but it is lucrative too. Details on how to join the Indian Air Force subsequent to the completion of intermediary is provided below.
Branches Available For the Candidates to Join In the IAF
Candidates have the opportunity to join any of the given three branches. They are:
- Flying Branch
- Technical Branch
- Ground Duty Branches
Training Institutes in India:
- Air Force Academy, Hyderabad.
- Air Force Administrative College, Coimbatore.
- Air force Training Technical College, Jalahali.
- Airmen Training School (ATS)
- College of Air warfare, Sikandrabad.
- Communications Training Institute
- Electronics Training Institute
- Elementary Flying Training School, Beeder (AP).
- Fighter Training Wing, Hakimpeth.
- Flying Instructors School, Tambaram
- Mechanical Transport Training Institute
- Paratrooper Training School, Agra
- The Administrative Training Institute
- The Electrical And Instrument Training Institute
- Workshop Training Institute
Qualification to Joining the Indian Air Force as Officer
To join the NDA, the candidates must be Indian citizens with no less then 16 ½ and not more than 19 years of age. Only men can join after the pass of their intermediate exams. The qualification that is needed by a candidate to join the NDA is a pass in class 10+2 with Mathematics and Physics. Those who are studying in their last year are also eligible to apply.
Selection procedure of the IAF
To join the NDA, the candidates will have to appear for the written test that is performed by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). Aspirants who are shortlisted subsequent to the preliminary selection procedure will have to go through a meticulous training regime at the National Defence Academy.
Those who have cleared this exam will be shortlisted. The duration of this training period is 3 years. Following this, the candidates will be given specialized training at the Air Force Academy. Those who pass out of the academy successfully will be commissioned as officers and placed as pilots at any of the Stations of the Indian Air Force.
- How to join Air force?
- U.P Board Intermediate Physics Papers
- Job Opportunities after M.A in Sociology
- U.P Board Intermediate Home Science Papers
- U. P. Board Intermediate General English Papers
- [Video] How to join Merchant Navy
- U.P Board Intermediate Indian Music Papers
- Uttar Pradesh Board Intermediate Chemistry Papers
- U.P Board Intermediate Crop Product & Horticulture Papers
- Career Avenues after M.Sc Agriculture
- U.P Board Intermediate Agriculture Papers
- U.P Board Intermediate Economics Papers
- Andhra Pradesh State Syllabus, Mathematics I B (Co-Ordinate Geometry And Calculus), Intermediate Model Exam Papers
- How to join Indian Navy as Technical Officer?
- Andhra Pradesh State Syllabus, Mathematics I A (Algebra, Vector Algebra and Trigonometry), Intermediate Model Exam Papers