Indian Air Force, Career in Indian Air Force
Established on the month of October in the year 1932, the Indian Air Force is a significant wing of the Indian Army and has the responsibility of keeping the skies safe and for aerial support in Warfare during conflicts. The Royal Indian Air Force has ground branch, flying branch and technical branch. The Indian Air Force offers a great career for aspirants. A career in Indian Air Force can get one a great reputation and a secure future.
The Indian Air Force aims to nurture aspirants and mould them into warriors who are physically and mentally strong, to guard the Country. A wide range of prestigious careers are there in the Indian Air Force, with great payroll and perks. Various sectors in the Indian Air Force, where one can find safe and secure careers are:
- Medical branches
The following job profiles are available for aspirants in Air Force.
- Fighter Pilot
- Transport Pilot
- Helicopter pilot
- Flying officer
- Flying Instructor
- Fighter Combat leader
- Flight Commander
- Squadron Commanding Officer
- Technical Engineer
- Airman in Technical and Non technical trades
- Logistics Manager
- Logistics Administrator
- Air traffic Controller
- Meteorological Branch Officer
- Accounts Officer
- Research and Analysis Officer
- IT & Stats wing
- Safety equipment Worker
- Air Defense System Operator
- Medical Assistants
- Clerk Pay Accounting
- Air Field Safety Operator
- Equipment Assistant
- Indian Air Force Police
- Mechanical Transport Technician
- Air Force Security Wing Chief
- Education Instructor
Getting placed in the Indian Air Force is nothing less than tough. The Indian Air Force wants the applicants to go through a lot of tests, both written and physical. Then there are interviews, aptitude test, medical tests, psychological tests etc. Only a physically and mentally fit person can get admitted into the Air Force if he qualifies in all the other tests. Even the smaller positions in the Indian Air Force are offered decent remuneration and a lot of perks.
A career in the Indian Air Force is quite adventurous, very interesting and pretty secure. But each job profile in the Air Force requires the applicant to be eligible in a few specific conditions. But once in and you are part of the Indian Air Force, you don’t have to turn back.
After taking your place in the Indian Air Force, you can improve in job ranks with experience and duties well performed. Remuneration is great for higher ranks. For Aircraftsmen, the salary per month ranges from Rs 4,500/- to Rs 11,000/- and more based on the job ranks. Jobs in higher and more important sectors of the Air Force, means a bigger remuneration as well as reputation, going as far as lakhs of rupees per month. Besides the remuneration, Air Force offers insurance cover, medical facilities, free ration and accommodation, post-retirement benefits etc.
- Technical Branch Vacancies, Indian Air force
- How to join IAF as an Officer after Intermediate 10+2?
- Career Options in Air Force
- Pilot, Indian Air force
- Airman in Group ‘y’ (Non Technical), Indian Air Force
- IAF 2011 Airman
- How to join IAF in the flying Branch after Graduation?
- Constable, Directorate General Border Security Force
- How to join Air force?
- Pilots, Indian Air Force
- Procedure to become Flying Officer in Indian Air Force
- Indian Air Force Pilot - How to become an Indian Air Force Pilot?
- Head Constable, Assistant Sub Inspector, Border Security Force
- SCR Constables (Male/Female), RPF
- Pay scale for Head Constable in Government Jobs