Company Secretaryship course and admission procedure
Specialized jobs pertaining to corporate management, governance and its laws are managed by Company Secretaries. Aspirants can hold this designation on completion of foundation, executive and professional programmes of Company Secretaryship course. The admission to this course is done based on the Company Secretaryship examination conducted every June and December.
Three stages in Company Secretaryship Course
- Foundation Programme
- Executive Programme
- Professional Programme
Eligibility for CS course
The basic eligibility requirement for the CS course is 10+2 or an equivalent. Those candidates appearing for the 10+2 exam or an equivalent can also seek provisional admission.
Graduates in any stream except Fine Arts can directly register for the Executive programme. Candidates who have passed the Foundation programme can also enroll for the Executive programme.
Only candidates who have passed the Executive programme are eligible to register for the Professional programme.
The Company Secretaryship examination is conducted twice every year in June and December. Candidates have to meet the eligibility requirements for registering to the various levels. The course covers areas ranging from Management and Accounting to Taxation, Finance, Corporate and Economic Laws.
Students can avail postal or oral learning services on payment of Rs 1,600 and Rs 2400 per month respectively. Provision is also given for e-learning through Virtual Classroom, Web Based Training and Live Video Based Training. The course can also be done by correspondence or distance mode.
Students are required to undergo Student Induction Programme (SIP) for seven weeks within six months of registration to the Executive Programme. 72 hour computer training is mandatory for all students.
On passing Executive programme, registered students are given admission to the Professional programme. The first programme after passing the Executive programme is the eight days Executive Development Programme (EDP); after which a fifteen month long training will be given. This training should be supplemented with fifteen days training in any specialized agency. This can be done is companies dealing with stock exchange, financial or banking institution, commodity stock exchange or management consultancy. Students also have to undergo fifteen days Management Skills Orientation Programme (MSOP).
Following the successful completion of training and examination, the candidate is conferred with Associate Membership of The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI). Candidates can thus have the designation of Company Secretary. A Certificate of Practice is given to members of the ICSI who take up practice. Professionals can also avail the Post Membership Qualification (PMQ) Course in Corporate Governance, Corporate Insolvency, Restructuring and Competition Law that the institute conducts for its members.
- Government jobs in the field of Company Secretaryship
- Government Colleges for B. Com (Corporate Secretaryship)
- DR. N.G.P. Arts And Science College, Coimbatore
- Government colleges for Bachelor of Arts in Corporate secretaryship
- Bachelor of Corporate Secretaryship
- Government jobs in Secretaryship in India
- CS (Company Secretary) Coaching Institutes
- Achariya Arts and Science College, Puducherry
- List of Courses in Alagappa University, Karaikudi
- Anna Adharsh College For Women, Chennai
- Government Colleges for Master of Commerce in India
- Dravidian University 2011 Integrated Programmes
- MBA Admission and Fee Structure in Alagappa University
- Assistant, West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company Limited
- Senior Engineer Switch Integration