Details on National Board for Higher Mathematics (NBHM) Scholarship
Graduation is necessary to apply for National Board for Higher Mathematics (NBHM) Scholarship. M.Sc post graduates (3 year integrated) also are eligible to submit an application for NBHM Scholarship. Candidates need to undergo a written test as part of selection. On clearing the written test round they need to attend personal interview round as well.
Graduates can apply for National Board for Higher Mathematics (NBHM) Scholarship. Candidates should be either B.Sc/B.A/B.Sc (honours) degree holders with at least 60% marks in the final examination. Apart from this, candidates who have completed 3 year integrated M.Sc course also are eligible to apply for NBHM scholarship. Even those candidates who are currently studying M.Sc (Part I) or in the last year of integrated 5 year M.Sc course can opt for this scholarship. 23 years is the minimum age limit specified for candidates who are interested to apply for NBHM scholarship.
A written test needs to be attended by those candidates who are interested to apply for NBHM scholarship. The written test will primarily consist of questions from topics such as Geometry, Analysis and Algebra. Short answer type questions will be asked in this selection test which needs to be completed within a time frame of 2 hours. Candidates will qualify for the second round of selection process only after clearing written examination. Personal interview is the second level of selection step. Following is the list of written test centers –
- Center I – New Delhi and Chandigarh
- Center II – Jabalpur, Allahabad and Indore
- Center III – Goa, Vallabh Vidyanagar, Mumbai and Pune
- Center IV – Ranchi, Bhubaneswar, Shillong, Kolkata and Guwahati
- Center V – Cochin, Chennai, Hyderabad, and Bangalore
NBHM Scholarship details
Candidates who are finally selected will get a scholarship amount of Rs 6000/- per month. The scholarship amount is fixed and same for both 1st and 2nd year of B.Sc/B.A graduates as well as for M.A/M.Sc post graduates. Generally, the scholarship amount is approved for 1 year and the students need to renew the scholarship amount at the end of 1st year of the course. The particular institution which a candidate joins will be the responsible authority to pay the scholarship amount.
Candidates can log in to the official website of NBHM www.nbhm.dae.gov.in in order to get full details about the application procedure for this scholarship. Candidates should prepare an application for availing the scholarship amount on the basis of the format specified in the website. It is mandatory to enclose one passport size photograph with the application form. The application form envelope must be sent to the specified address mentioned in the website, superscribed as “NBHM M.A/M.Sc SCHOLARSHIP” in envelope. On submission of application form, hall ticket for attending the selection test will be sent to the candidate.
- National Board of Higher Mathematics (NBHM) Papers
- National Board for Higher Mathematics M.A and M.Sc Scholarship Test Papers
- Scholarship Details in BJB Junior College
- National Board for Higher Mathematics Research Scholarships Screening Test Papers
- Mathematics 2011 MT And TS
- LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship
- Scholarships offered in ACEM
- Scholarships for B.Tech & B.Arch in LPU
- Inspire Scholarship (SHE) — Essential Details
- CUHK Faculty of Law Master Scholarship 2009
- National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) Scholarship
- Tamil Nadu Board Higher Secondary Mathematics Papers
- Scholarship in Alliance College of Engineering and Design
- L&T Build India Scholarship
- [Sholarships Updates] - Day 8