Eligibility and Admission Process for Integrated M.Sc. - Ph.D. in IIT, Kharagpur
IIT, Kharagpur is one of the top most Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) located across India. It offers various post bachelor courses in Science. M.Sc. programme, M.Sc. - Ph.D. dual degree programme and Joint M.Sc. - Ph.D. programme are offered by the institute. The Integrated M.Sc. - Ph.D. courses offered at IIT Kharagpur are as follows:
- Joint M.Sc. - Ph.D. Programme in Geology
- Joint M.Sc. - Ph.D. Programme in Chemistry
- Joint M.Sc. - Ph.D. Programme in Physics
- Joint M.Sc. - Ph.D. Programme in Mathematics
- M.Sc. - Ph.D. Dual Degree Programme in Physics
Admissions to these programmes are based on the Joint Admission Test for M.Sc. (JAM). Candidates are required to fulfill the eligibility criteria specified for applying to this course.
Eligibility for Integrated M.Sc. - Ph.D. in IIT, Kharagpur
Candidates applying for the Joint M.Sc. - Ph.D. Programme in Chemistry should have completed a Bachelor’s degree with Chemistry as a subject for six semesters i.e. three years. Applicants should also have studied Mathematics at the 10+2 level.
Those candidates who opt for Joint M.Sc. - Ph.D. Programme in Geology are required to have completed a Bachelor’s degree with Geology as the main subject. Applicants should also have studied two among the following subjects at the graduation level:
- Biological science
The minimum educational requirement to apply for Joint M.Sc. - Ph.D. Programme in Mathematics is a graduation with Statistics or Mathematics as a subject for a minimum of two years or four semesters.
The eligibility for admission to the Joint M.Sc. - Ph.D. Programme in Physics and the M.Sc. - Ph.D. Dual Degree Programme in Physics is a Bachelor’s degree with Physics and Mathematics as subjects. Candidates should have studied Physics for at least four semesters or two years and Mathematics for a minimum of two semesters or two years.
Along with these minimum educational requirements, candidates are also required to prove their physical fitness at the time of admission. There is no age limit for applying.
Admission Process for Integrated M.Sc. - Ph.D. in IIT, Kharagpur
Admission to the Integrated M.Sc. - Ph.D. courses offered in IIT, Kharagpur is based on the Joint Admission Test for M.Sc. (JAM). Applications for JAM can be submitted through the online application process or the offline application process. Candidates are required to clear the test papers in the concerned subjects. Only those candidates who qualify for JAM are eligible to apply for the integrated course. The merit list can be accessed from the official website. Score cards will also be sent to the candidates through post. Qualified candidates are required to apply online and send a print out of the form to the Organizing Chairman, JAM along with a demand draft of Rs 300. All the relevant enclosures should also be sent along with the application form. Admission to the course will be made according to the order of merit.
- Contact Details and Address of IIT, Kharagpur
- Five Year Integrated M. Sc. in IIT, Kanpur
- B.Tech in IIT Kharagpur
- Network and Sr. Network Engineer, IIT- Kharagpur
- MBA and B.Tech together saves one year, is it really worthy?????
- Bachelor of Architecture in IIT Kharagpur
- Procedure to join MBA after 12th
- M.Sc in Economics — Colleges and Admission Process
- Deputy Registrar, Assistant Registrar, Indian Institute of Technology
- Details of Integrated M. Tech Program in JNTU
- Details on Integrated M.Tech in IITB
- IIT Kharagpur VGSOM 2011 MBA
- Integrated Courses at Karunya University — Admission, Fee Structure and Application Process
- The pros and cons of integrated B.Tech and MBA degree
- Integrated M.Tech –Ph.D Course in Hyderabad University – Eligibility and Admission Process