Eligibility Criteria for BCA Course
Admission to the Bachelors in Computer Application is based on certain eligibility criteria’s. The eligibility criteria for most institutes across the country are similar. It is a must to fulfil these criteria’s in order to secure admission.
General Eligibility Criteria for Indian students for BCA Course
The individual’s must be a citizen of India. Also preference is given to those who are residents of the state. Some institute do keep an age limit of 17 years.
Eligibility Criteria for Foreign Students for BCA Course
Valid passport is a must. Also they must possess a student visa. Some of the institutes like Vellore University, IGNOU do intake candidates of foreign origin.
Academic Eligibility Criteria for BCA Course
- Candidate must have completed Higher Secondary Examination or equivalent
- The minimum marks secured in 12th standard should be at least 50%
- The candidate should have pursued the science subjects. The science subjects should include Physics and Chemistry
- Most institutes insist candidates should have pursued Mathematics during 12th standard
New eligibility criteria’s are decided by the universities so as to improve the quality of the students inducted. As part of it many of the institutes are insisting that the candidates should posses a Certificate in Computing. It is also known as CIC.
While pursuing the Masters course the candidates who do not have Mathematics as their distinct subject in Higher Secondary Examination has to pass the CS-60 paper that is offered in their master level course. But the candidates should be having a bachelor degree in the Computer Application from the same University.
Documents to be attached with Application Forms for BCA Course
Along with the filled application the candidate must send the required documents to prove that they meet all the required eligibility criteria’s. The documents to be attached will include the following:
- Copy of School leaving certificate to prove their age
- Copy of their 10th standard certificate
- Copy of their 12th standard certificate
- Copy of the domicile certificate
They will need to attach attested copies of these documents. Also attestation must be done authorised officials only. If it is found that all the required documents are not attached then they will not be eligible for the course.
- Eligibility Criteria for BBA
- Eligibility Criteria of B.Tech
- Eligibility Criteria in M.Tech
- Eligibility Criteria for ‘Management Trainee’ Recruitment in OPTCL
- Eligibility Criteria of B.Sc
- Eligibility Criteria of MCA
- Eligibility Requirements for DAVP Recruitment 2013
- Master of Fishery Science
- Delhi Agricultural Marketing Board 2009
- Eligibility Criteria for CSB Recruitment 2013
- Eligibility Criteria for M.Sc Courses in Jadavpur University
- List of Master of Social Work(MSW) Entrance Exams
- Eligibility Criteria for PG Diploma Courses in Karnatak University
- Eligibility Criteria for PG Diploma Courses in Osmania University
- Eligibility criteria for Master of Science (M.Sc)