29th October 2017, 06:08 PM
Unregistered

Can a BCA holder study Post Graduate Diploma in Information Technology? Does the IIIT, Hyderabad provides this course?

Sir, I am BCA holder and want to know can I study Post Graduate Diploma in Information Technology? Does the IIIT, Hyderabad provides this course?

Related Questions:
  1. How to study Post Graduate Diploma in Information Technology from IIIT? Fees required for it?
  2. Does the IIIT provides Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application?
  3. Eligibility criteria to study Post Graduate Diploma in Information Technology from IIITs?
  4. What should I do after completing B.Com graduation?
  5. Available short courses after BCA?
  6. Can a Mathematics graduate study PG Diploma in Financial Management course? Criteria to study it in Hyderabad?
  7. Possibility to study Post Graduate Diploma in Plastic Technology for B.Sc Chemistry holder? Which university is best in USA and Canada to study it?
  8. List of M.Tech colleges in which I can get after scoring 1011 rank in EC stream
  9. Can a third class degree holder study for master's directly?
  10. Eligibility to study B.E.(Information Technology) for Diploma CSE holder?
  11. List of the colleges for M.Tech in EEE stream in AP?
  12. Should i prefer Diploma over BCA course after passing 12th?
  13. Can a B.Sc Life Science holder study Post Graduate Diploma in Cardiac Perfusion Technology? List of colleges with details?
  14. Opportunities and avenues available to pursue PhD in Hyderabad for PG Diploma holder in Medical & Laboratory Technology with 2.5 years of experience?
  15. Query Regarding Symbiosis MBA Distance Learning program -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Details about Post Graduate Diploma in Information Security? Opportunities available after it? -- [New]
  17. Where to apply for Post Graduate Diploma in Information Technology? List of entrance exams for it?
  18. Diploma in Information Technology holder can get admission in BBA or BCA?
31st October 2017, 09:30 AM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can a BCA holder study Post Graduate Diploma in Information Technology? Does the IIIT, Hyderabad provides this course?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for post graduate diploma in information technology after having BCA (Bachelor’s in Computer Application) course. Here below are details regarding post graduate diploma in information technology course:-
  • To apply for post graduate diploma in information technology applicant must have done bachelors degree or equivalent qualification from government recognized institute.
  • Duration of post graduate diploma course in information technology is 1 year.
  • Major career options after having post graduate diploma in information technology are like IT manager, project manager, System analyst, Software consultant, MIS manager, Business analyst etc.

Yes, IIT (International Institute of Information technology), Hyderabad offer post graduate diploma course in information technology.

- For more details please visit https://www.iiit.ac.in.
31st October 2017, 01:36 PM
HKBEHURA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a BCA holder study Post Graduate Diploma in Information Technology? Does the IIIT, Hyderabad provides this course?

Yes, a BCA holder can opt for POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN IT, there is no issue in it. You will just have to appear for an entrance examination conducted by the prospective institute in order to get admission in the course.

Yes, IIT Hyderabad provides the above mentioned course, provided you will have to prepare well for the entrance examination in order to clar the entrance examination. So, prepare yourself well to be able to clear the exam and gt admission in the institute.
31st October 2017, 04:21 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

No, the BCA holders are not eligible for the Diploma in IT.

However you can go for MCA from any ace institute.

It is true that pursuing mere BCA will not get you a promising job according to the present market trend since there are many engineering graduates searching for the same jobs so the MNCs hire them as their employees.

To get a good job in the field of computers you have to pursue the MCA.

Many MNCs hire MCA graduates as the system analyst and pay them about 3-4 lacs per annum as per the present trend.
31st October 2017, 06:00 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

As far as my best knowledge is concerned, you are not eligible to pursue Post Graduate Diploma in Information Technology course. The basic educational qualification required to be eligible is,

>> You must have completed Post Graduation or Master's Degree in concerned stream from a recognized university.

>> You must have secured minimum 55% marks in Post Graduation to be eligible.

>> IIIT Hyderabad does not offer this Post Graduate Diploma in Information Technology course as per my knowledge. Instead, it offers Post Graduate Diploma in Computational Linguistics course.

>> PG diploma course in IIIT Hyderabad will not be done through PG Entrance Examination.
31st October 2017, 07:21 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

No, you are not eligible for PG Diploma in Information Technology course after completion of BCA degree course.
In order to be eligible for PG Diploma in Information Technology, you must have completed bachelor degree in the relevant discipline from a recognized university.
Sorry to inform you that IIIT, Hyderabad do not provide PG Diploma in Information Technology course.
Below I have listed name of college which offer the aforesaid course:
>Atal Bihari Vajpayee Hindi Vishwavidyalaya
Address: State Banquet campus, Raja Bhoj route, Kolar Road, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh 462016
Phone: 094250 18657
>Annex College
Address: BD-91, Salt Lake Road, Sector-1, Salt Lake City, Kolkata, West Bengal 700064
Phone: 033 4004 1129
>Andhra Loyola College
Address: Gunadala, Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh 520008
Phone: 0866 247 6984
>Alagappa Institute Of Information Technology
Address: Door No 49, Gangadeeshwar Koil Street, Purasawalkam, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600084
Phone: 044 4217 4904
>Adarsh Institute Of Management & Information Technology
Address: 5th Main Road, Nanjamba Agrahara, Chamrajpet, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560018
Phone: 080 2667 7100
1st November 2017, 11:37 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I am BCA holder and want to know can I study Post Graduate Diploma in Information Technology? Does the IIIT, Hyderabad provides this course?
No, BCA degree holder candidates are not eligible for post graduate diploma course in IT.

But MCA and M.Sc degree holder candidates are eligible for post graduate diploma course in IT.

No, IIT's doesn't provide this course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?