7th October 2015, 08:47 PM
Unregistered

Can Diploma students of Civil stream join Marine Engineering?

I am passing 10th with 69% marks. I am now studying diploma in civil stream. Now can i join Marine Engineering course?

Related Questions:
  1. How can I join Marine engineering after Diploma in marine engineering? What would be the fee structure?
  2. How to join Marine Engineering after diploma in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering? List of colleges for the course?
  3. Qualifications required to join Marine Engineering? Can I join it after ECE?
  4. How to join B.E Marine engineering after completing diploma in Automobile Engineering with 85%? What is the fee structure?
  5. Can I study Marine related courses after completing Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering?
  6. How to join marine engineering after passing diploma in mechanical engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Which stream should I choose after 10th so as to join marine engineering college?
  8. Am I eligible to join Marine engineering after completion of diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  9. Which stream to choose after 10th so as to join Marine Engineering?
  10. How to join marine engineering after passing diploma? I have scored 85% marks
  11. How to join marine Engineering studying diploma in production engineering?
  12. Can i join Diploma in Marine Engineering after high school? -- [New]
  13. Procedure to join Marine Engineering after Diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  14. Jobs in Marine after BE(civil)?
  15. How to join marine engineering after finishing diploma mechanical engineering?
  16. Can I study Diploma in Marine Engineering after completing B.E.(Electrical & Electronics Engineering)?
  17. Which course can I do after failing in 12th exam? Which course can I do if I cannot do BBA?
  18. Can I join Marine engineering after doing diploma in electronics and communication engineering
7th October 2015, 09:50 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can Diploma students of Civil stream join Marine Engineering?

No, candidates who have pursued Civil Engineering Diploma course are not eligible to pursue Marine Engineering course. Only candidates who have completed 12th standard with Non-Medical Science stream or three years Diploma course in Mechanical/ Electrical/ Marine Engineering from a recognised university are eligible to pursue Marine Engineering course. Being, a Civil Engineering Diploma holder, you are not eligible to pursue Marine Engineering course.
7th October 2015, 10:13 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am passing 10th with 69% marks. I am now studying diploma in civil stream. Now can i join Marine Engineering course?
No, diploma in Civil Engineering candidates are not eligible for B.E/ B.Tech course in Marine Engineering.

But you can do B.E/ B.Tech degree in Civil Engineering through lateral entry exam.

The eligibility qualification for the lateral entry exam:-

(i)Passed diploma course in Engineering/Technology/Pharmacy with above 60% marks.

(ii)Passed Degree in Science (B.Sc.) with Mathematics as a subject with above 60% marks.
22nd July 2017, 07:34 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my diploma in ECE . Now i am willing to do Engineering in Industrial and Production.
Can i do that??
28th July 2017, 12:34 AM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, you are eligible to join Marine engineering course after completing your diploma course because qualification required to apply for the diploma course is 12th or it's equivalent qualification. So the diploma you are doing is also equivalent to 12th.

>> Candidate who have done 3 year diploma in Mechanical,Electrical,Aeronautical,Civil,architect ural, can apply for the DME (Diploma in Marine Engineering)course.

>> After joining course you have to undergo 2 years of pre sea training.

SUBJECTS TO BE STUDIED IN MARINE ENGINEERING DIPLOMA:-

:- Automation and control.

:- Marine machinery.

:- Hydraulics.

:- Navel architect.

:- Marine engineering drawing.

:- Marine electrical and electronics system.

:- Safety technology.

:- Ship design.

:- Communication skills.

:- Ship construction.

PHYSICAL AND MEDICAL STANDARD REQUIREMENT:-

>> Candidate applying for the course must be physically and medically fit.

>> Candidate must have good eye sight.

>> Candidate must be free from any kind of eye defect like Color blindness,Night blindness.

So these are details regarding marine engineering diploma i hope this information provided to you is useful for you in better way.

Good luck.
31st March 2022, 08:14 PM
Unregistered

Is btech civil engineering students are eligible for marine engineering
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?