25th February 2018, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

Can I become a Professor if completed Diploma in Education Technology on Graduation basis?

Hello guys, I have completed my Diploma in Education Technology. Now, I want to know with this degree I can find any teaching job? I have completed my Graduation with Economics and did this Diploma course. I want to make my career in teaching line and want to become a Professor. Help me regarding this.

5th March 2018, 10:05 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become a Professor if completed Diploma in Education Technology on Graduation basis?

I am sorry to say that you cannot become a Professor on the basis of Diploma certificate as you are not eligible for it.
In order to become a Professor, you must have to complete your Ph.D course in the relevant field.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree in the relevant field from a recognized University scoring a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course.
6th March 2018, 06:14 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become a Professor if completed Diploma in Education Technology on Graduation basis?

For a Professor or Lecturer job, you need to have at least a masters degree. Diploma or degree qualification will not be enough because there is no dearth of degree and diploma holders in India.

Most of the colleges will prefer a masters degree holder with NET/SET qualification. On the basis of degree, you need to complete B.Ed, if you are interested in school teaching job.
7th March 2018, 03:32 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

If you want to become a professor then first of all it is compulsory to have a degree of Post Graduation to be eligible for this. You must have to qualify NET entrance test.

Eligibility criteria to become a professor are as follows:-
Candidate must be a Post Graduation degree holder from a recognized university in any discipline.
Candidate age should be not less than 21 years and upper age limit not required.
Candidate must have scored at least 50 percent aggregate in graduation as well as in post graduation.
8th March 2018, 12:31 PM
chikkykranthi619

Basically in colleges there will be teaching staff divided into 3 categories.

1.Professors.
2.Associate Professors.
3.Assistant Professors.

On graduation basis one cannot become a professor.

For becoming a professor first candidate must join a college as "Assistant professor".Minimum qualification required for becoming an assistant professor is Mtech.
On gaining experience may be after 3 or more than 3 years he will be promoted as "Associate Professor".
Finally,minimum qualification required for becoming a professor is PHD from recognized university.

So, first try to complete Mtech and then do PHD. After successfully completing PHD you can become a professor.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?