11th June 2017, 06:59 PM
Unregistered

Can I get lateral entry admission in B.Tech on the basis of 2 years of diploma in mechanical engineering?

Can I get direct 2nd year admission in B.Tech after completing my 2 years (lateral Entry) diploma in mechanical engineering. Is there any which exams I have to qualify and how much rank I will chance to admission IIT and how much fees I had to pay?

Related Questions:
  1. What should I do next after completion of diploma in automobile?
  2. Can I get lateral entry admission in B.Tech on the basis of 2 years of diploma in mechanical engineering? -- [New]
  3. Possibility to get Lateral Entry in NIT for Diploma Mechanical student?
  4. Chances of getting lateral entry into B.Tech Mechanical engineering?
  5. Eligibility for entrance exam for admission into lateral entry for graduation after diploma in Mechanical engineering from PUSA polytechnic?
  6. Which B.Tech degree course should i do after Diploma in Mechanical and being a girl?
  7. Exam details for admission of lateral entry after 1st year of diploma?
  8. Eligibility criteria for lateral entry in B.E(Mechanical Engineering)? What is the cutoff mark for lateral entry in B.E? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. What is the procedure followed for getting lateral entry B.E admission?
  10. Can I get Lateral Entry to study B.E. Mechanical in Assam Engineering College or in NIT having completed Diploma after 12th basis?
  11. What should I study further after completion of Mechanical Diploma course?
  12. How to get lateral entry admission in NIT after Diploma completion?
  13. List of colleges offering direct lateral entry scheme into 2nd year of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
  14. Is there any Aeronautical Engineering college in which I can get lateral entry on diploma engineering basis after completing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  15. After ITI which course is best for me in Software?
  16. Diploma holder can get lateral entry into B.Tech without doing 11 and 12?
  17. Which college to get admission for B.Tech lateral entry after completing Diploma?
  18. Admission in Marine engineering after Diploma in Mechanical engineering on 10th basis?
11th June 2017, 09:32 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get lateral entry admission in B.Tech on the basis of 2 years of diploma in mechanical engineering?

Yes, you are eligible to get lateral entry admission in B.Tech course after completion of your two years lateral entry Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course from a recognised institution. Candidates who have passed Diploma in Engineering course from a recognised institution are eligible to get direct admission in second year of four years B.Tech course through lateral entry admission process. You need to appear and qualify the lateral entry examinations like LEET, ECET, JELET, etc., which is conducted by your respective state technical board and secure less than 4000 rank in the entrance examination to get lateral entry admission for pursuing B.Tech course and it costs nearly Rs.1-1.5 lakhs to complete your B.Tech course.
11th June 2017, 11:53 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get lateral entry admission in B.Tech on the basis of 2 years of diploma in mechanical engineering?

In order to get admission in IIT for B.Tech you should have completed your 12th standard with 60% marks in PCM subjects from a recognized board. Then you have to appear for IIT Joint Entrance Examination.

I am sorry to say that there is no lateral entry system in IIT and diploma holders are not eligible to get admission in IITs through lateral entry.
12th June 2017, 02:27 AM
raziaexpert
Banned

You will have to complete your Diploma degree and then you can appear for LEET examination, however there is no such provision for admission in IIT via Lateral entry scheme.

You can appear for LEET examination to get admission in direct 2nd year of B.Tech in any good college and carry on with your studies further but only after completion of your diploma degree, i.e. of three years.

The fee depends upon the college you wish to get admission in and you are selected for.
12th June 2017, 11:37 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Yes, you can apply for lateral entry admission to get direct admission in 2nd year of 4 years B.E/B.Tech course.
In order to get admission through lateral entry, you have to appear for lateral entry test like LEET/JELET/LEEE/etc, conducted by various states.
You should have completed your diploma in mechanical engineering with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized board in order to become eligible for lateral entry test.

Sorry to inform you that you can't apply for lateral entry admission to IITs as because IITs don't consider lateral entry scheme.
In order to get admission in IITs, a candidate must have to appear for JEE main and JEE advanced after qualifying 10+2 with PCM with at least 60% marks from a recognized board.
Since you are a diploma holder, you are not eligible to apply JEE main entrance examination.
13th June 2017, 12:27 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can I get direct 2nd year admission in B.Tech after completing my 2 years (lateral Entry) diploma in mechanical engineering. Is there any which exams I have to qualify and how much rank I will chance to admission IIT and how much fees I had to pay?
After completion of Diploma course, you are eligible for lateral entry exam for B.Tech admission.

Your diploma marks must be above 50% from a recognized Institution.

No, you can't get admission in IIT through lateral entry exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?