13th October 2014, 08:15 PM
Unregistered

Diploma to degree admission in IIT is possible?

hii i am pursuring as a student of diploma in electronics nand communication.and i am itrested to take admission in second year B.tech in I.I.T. am i eligible to take it after completing my diploma? and if yes so,there any type pf enterence exam or onterviews are needed?

17th October 2014, 11:14 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Diploma to degree admission in IIT is possible?

IITs don't offer lateral entry admission to Diploma Engineering holders, so you can't apply for admission in IIT after completion of Diploma because there is no procedure in JEE for lateral entry.

IITs and NITs don't offer admission to Diploma holders and this has been a big issue for a long time.

You shouldn't get disheartened and apply for LEET which is the entrance exam specially for lateral entry admission into B.Tech course. There are many top universities which give admission through LEET.

Therefore, you can apply for other universities other than IITs and NITs through LEET.

For more information visit Lateral Entry Eligibility
18th October 2014, 09:09 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Diploma to degree admission in IIT is possible?

No, you are not eligible to take admission in B.Tech second year in I.I.T's because the I.I.T's does not provide admission to B.Tech course through Lateral Entry process. Admissions in I.I.T's will be provided only for the candidates who have qualified the JEE Main and Advance examination. Candidates who had completed 12th standard in PCM are eligible to appear for the JEE Main examination and candidates who qualify in the JEE Main examination are eligible to appear for the JEE Advanced examination.

Since, you are not eligible to get admission in B.Tech second year in I.I.T's, if you are interested to do B.Tech course in any other top institutions, then, you can appear for the Lateral Entry Entrance Test (LEET) and by qualifying the LEET examination, you can directly get admission in second year of fours year B.Tech course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?