13th May 2015, 08:43 AM
Unregistered

Diploma in Information Science holder is eligible to get direct admission in BCA 3rd year?

I have completed diploma in Information Science Can I get direct admission to 3rd year BCA from Bangalore university

Related Questions:
  1. How to take admission in direct 3rd year degree after completing diploma 3rd year
  2. Is it true that after completion of diploma course we can get direct admission to 3rd year in Engineering?
  3. Am I eligible to do BCA being a Diploma holder?
  4. Can I get admission in direct 3rd year engineering after completing 12th HSC science?
  5. List of institution and procedure of admission for direct entry into second year of B.Tech. after diploma?
  6. Detailed information about Lateral Engineering Entrance Test for Diploma in Computer Science Engineering 3rd year student?
  7. Can a diploma holder appear for GET exam for M.Tech admission? Or can I do BSc Electronics direct 3rd year for M.Tech?
  8. Am I eligible to study BCA if completed Diploma in Computer Science Engineering?
  9. How much is the minimum percentage required to get admission in 2nd year of engineering in Information Technology? Am I eligible admission in MIT after scoring 85% in 3rd year diploma?
  10. Can I get direct entry to 3rd year B.E after doing diploma ECE after passing 12th science
  11. Is it possible to take admission in 3rd semester of computer engineering under diploma to degree scheme?
  12. What is better, Diploma or 12th? What are the advantages of doing diploma+degree over 12th+degree? Does IIT offer direct 2nd year entry to diploma holders? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Can I get direct 2nd year admission in COEP college, Pune for mechanical after scoring 65% in 3rd diploma Mechanical?
  14. For what type of TNPSC exam am I eligible?
  15. Possibility to get direct admission in any government college of West Bengal to study BCA course to a candidate who has secured 49% in 12th Science?
  16. Diploma colleges in Maharashtra providing direct admission? Direct admission in degree college is possible after Diploma?
  17. Can I get direct 2nd year admission in COEP college, Pune for mechanical after scoring 94% in 3rd diploma Mechanical?
  18. Diploma holder in ECE is eligible for Bachelor of Arts degree?
13th May 2015, 06:55 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Diploma in Information Science holder is eligible to get direct admission in BCA 3rd year?

No, Diploma in Information Science holder is not eligible to get direct admission in BCA 3rd year. No direct admission to BCA third year are not provided by any college/university. To get admission in BCA course, the candidate must have passed 12th standard or equivalent from a recognised board. Since, you have not pursued 12th standard, you are not eligible to get admission in BCA third year.
13th May 2015, 08:54 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Diploma in Information Science holder is eligible to get direct admission in BCA 3rd year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed diploma in Information Science Can I get direct admission to 3rd year BCA from Bangalore university
No, diploma in Information science candidates are not eligible for admission in 3rd years of BCA course.

BCA stands for Bachelor's of Computer Application.

The candidate should have completed 12th in any stream preferably Science stream with at least 50% marks with Mathematics as one of the subject of studies from a recognized Board.

Your age shouldn't be bellow 17 years.
13th May 2015, 10:00 PM
MECHANICAL POWER

BCA is a graduate course and you completed Diploma which is equivalent to 12th so you can not get admission direct in 3rd year BCA.
But you can get admission in 2nd Year B.E or B.Tech degree in Information Technology and this will be good for you.

To get admission in 2nd Year B.E or B.Tech degree you have appear in Later Entry Entrance Exam which is organize by every state board for Diploma holder.
Here are name of some Later Entry Entrance Exam.
1). JEELET
2). LEET
3).BCECE(LE)
13th May 2015, 11:29 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

Sorry, it is not applicable.

You can try for Bachelor in engineering course after diploma in information science. You can get lateral entry admission ( direct seconducted year admission) to B.E course. You can choose information technology steam in engineering course. Bangalore university also offers that course. You can apply for LEET examination. LEET stands for lateral entry engineering entrance examination. It is an all india level engineering entrance examination.

The examination pattern is of objective type. There's no negative marking applicable. The time duration of the examination is two hours.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?