31st December 2016, 04:16 PM
Unregistered

Is diploma qualification enough for IPS officer exam?

I completed my 10th class in 2014 then I went to intermediate, but unfortunately I stopped my education in 2nd year. Now, I want to become an IPS officer. I want to do diploma, is diploma is eligible for IPS? If not what should I do? Without having intermediate. Please send me the reply for this mail (mail id:[email protected])

31st December 2016, 05:15 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is diploma qualification enough for IPS officer exam?

To become an IPS officer, you have to appear in Indian Civil Services examination which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). Eligibility criteria required to appear in IPS examination is mentioned below :-

=> You should be an Indian National.

=> You should have obtained Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a Government recognised university.

=> You should be within the age range of 21-32 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.

As per the information you have mentioned in your query, you have not pursued Graduation course, so, being a Diploma holder, you are not eligible to apply for IPS examination.
31st December 2016, 05:53 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I completed my 10th class in 2014 then I went to intermediate, but unfortunately I stopped my education in 2nd year. Now, I want to become an IPS officer. I want to do diploma, is diploma is eligible for IPS? If not what should I do? Without having intermediate. Please send me the reply for this mail (mail id:[email protected])

No, Diploma qualification is not enough for IPS Officer Examination (UPSC Civil Services Examination). The applicant should be a graduate (like BA or B.Sc or B.Com or BBA or BE or B.Tech or MBBS) in any discipline to apply for the UPSC Civil Services Examination. So you have to study graduation in any discipline to appear for IPS examination. The UPSC Civil Service Examination has three parts namely Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Interview. You have to clear the Preliminary Examination first to qualify for the Main Examination. The civil service examinations will be held once every year.
31st December 2016, 06:17 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

To become IPS officer a candidate must have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognised University but as you are saying that you have done diploma from a recognised University so you are not eligible to appear in this civil services exam because graduation is necessary. So you can either complete your graduation through regular or correspondence mode.
31st December 2016, 06:28 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

No, you will be not eligible to appear for Civil Service examination conducted by UPSC for recruitment of I.P.S, I.A.S Officer's.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree from recognised university and age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

As, diploma degree is not equivalent to bachelor degree you will be not eligible. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
31st December 2016, 06:41 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible for IPS entrance examination after diploma course. DIploma course is not enough qualification to apply for IPS entrance examination.

Only graduate candidates are eligible to apply for IPS entrance examination.

So, being a diploma candidate you are not eligible for IPS entrance examination.

IPS stands for Indian police service and this entrance examination under UPSC Union Public Service for every year.

Eligible ITU criteria for IPS officer exam:-

Graduation or equivalent qualification is the minimum education qualification to apply for IPS examination.

The applicant should be physically as well as medically fit for this IPS post .

To appear in this IPS entrance examination you have to satisfy the above criteria then only you are eligible for IPS examination.
31st December 2016, 07:10 PM
FRESHANSWERS
Senior Member+

IPS stands for Indian Police Services.

For this examination candidate must have passed graduation form a recognized board.

The minimum age of candidate for Indian Police Services examination is 21 years.

As per my knowledge, you are not eligible for Indian Police Services exam after completion of diploma and without intermediate.
31st December 2016, 07:52 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to know that official name of IPS officer examination is Civil Services examination held by UPSC. The same examination is held once every year for recruitment of administrative officer like IAS. IPS, IFS, etc.

--> The minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in the same examination are as here under :-

* You must have the nationlaity of India.

* Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years in case you belong to general category. Further age relaxation is applicable for reserved ategory candidates as per the service requirement norms.

* You must have completed your bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

So being diploma degree holder which is not equivalent to bachelor degree holder you are not eligible for appearing in Civil Services examination at present.

For more details about Civil Services examination you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
31st December 2016, 08:17 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

To become IPS officer a candidate must have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognised University and minimum percentage in graduation should not be less than 50 and relaxation of 5% is given to SC and ST so you have to complete your graduation either through regular or distance mode in order to appear in IPS officers Entrance exam
31st December 2016, 08:21 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

The minimum educational qualification required to apply for IPS officer examination is completion of Graduation course in any discipline from a recognised university. To be eligible to apply for IPS examination, you should have to satisfy the eligibility criteria mentioned below :-

1. You should be a citizen of India.

2. You should have obtained Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

3. You should be at least 21 years old and not more than 32 years old. Upper age relaxation of 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ ST candidates is applicable as per government rules.

Since, you have not studied Bachelor's degree course, I suggest you to complete your 12th standard and pursue Graduation course, so, that you are eligible to apply for IPS officer examination.
31st December 2016, 08:39 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Diploma degree is not equivalent to bachelor degree and so candidates passed diploma degree are not eligible to appear for Civil Service examination.

Civil Service examination is conducted by UPSC and the eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

Candidate's age must be between 21-32 years with relaxation for reserved category.

So, you have to pursue bachelor degree after diploma degree to appear for examination. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
31st December 2016, 09:42 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Diploma holder candidates are not eligible for IPS exam. IPS exam is conducted by UPSC through Civil Service exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized University are eligible for IPS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 32 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

Number of Attempts:-

For open category:- 7 attempts
For OBC category:- 9 attempts
For SC/ST category:- No limit
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?