27th June 2014, 10:42 PM
Unregistered

In which entrance exam should I appear to get admission in IIT Mumbai if completed diploma in Computer Science Engineering?

Sir,
I'm a diploma holder in computer engineering. I just want to know that how can i get admission in IIT mumbai after diploma. And which entrance exam is required for it ?

22nd December 2014, 05:41 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: In which entrance exam should I appear to get admission in IIT Mumbai if completed diploma in Computer Science Engineering?

No, you cannot get admission in IIT, Mumbai after completion of Diploma in Computer Science Engineering course. The IIT's does not offer admissions through Lateral Entry process for Diploma candidates and admissions are given only to the candidates who have completed 12th standard from a recognised board and who have qualified JEE Advanced examination. Since, the IIT's does not offer admission for Diploma candidates, there is no entrance examination conducted and you cannot get admission in IIT, Mumbai.
23rd December 2014, 12:38 AM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: In which entrance exam should I appear to get admission in IIT Mumbai if completed diploma in Computer Science Engineering?

To get an admission in Mumbai IIT after the completion of Diploma, you have to appear for JEE exam. If you can get good score in JEE exam, you will have chances to get a seat in IIT Mumbai.

Exam Pattern:-
JEE exam is conducted in two stages
1)JEE Main exam
2)JEE advanced exam

Candidates who have cleared JEE main exam are only eligible to appear for JEE advanced exam. And at the same time you must be one of the students, who has got a rank below 1,50,000 in JEE main exam.
If you can clear JEE advanced exam, then depending of performance in JEE exam, you will get admission in any of the IIT's. If you can get top score, you will get a seat in IIT Mumbai.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?