14th May 2011, 02:35 PM
Unregistered

How to get 2nd year admission in IIT after diploma in computer science and engineering?

i am mukhtar ali i am running diploma in computer science and engineering after diploma direct admission second year b.tech or IIT

Related Questions:
  1. How to get admission in computer engineering after scoring 63.48 in computer science diploma?
  2. Can I get admission in IIT college for B.Tech 2nd year after completing my diploma in computer engineering
  3. Can I get admission in B.E. 2nd year in IIT being a Diploma holder in Electrical Engineering? -- [New]
  4. Am I eligible to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma in computer science engineering?
  5. Is it possible to get direct admission to 2nd year for B.Tech in IIT?
  6. Science 12th pass can get admission in 2nd year of Diploma? Admission in 2nd year of engineering after Diploma?
  7. What can be done after diploma in computer science and engineering?
  8. Which is best course to choose after Diploma in Computer Science?
  9. Can I get admission in 2nd year of B.E.(Electrical Engineering) if completed Diploma in Computer Engineering?
  10. Is possible to do IIT/B.tech after diploma in computer engineering?
  11. Can diploma pass out student get admission in IIT directly in second year? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. How can I get information regarding the admission after discontinue of diploma studies?
  13. How can I get admission to study B.Tech in IIT after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering on 12th basis?
  14. List of colleges for admission in degree engineering after diploma in computer science
  15. How can a diploma(Mechanical Engineer) graduate take admission(in 2nd year) in IIT colleges?
  16. Admission to B.Tech from IIT in 2nd year after Diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  17. Can I take admission in IIT after Diploma in Computer Engineering?
  18. Admission in 2nd year of Agriculture Diploma for 12th Computer Science student?
4th January 2012, 12:38 AM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: How to get 2nd year admission in IIT after diploma in computer science and engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am mukhtar ali i am running diploma in computer science and engineering after diploma direct admission second year b.tech or IIT
How to get 2nd year admission in IIT after diploma in computer science and engineering?

Diploma students can get entry directly into 2nd year of B.Tech degree but Unfortunately IITS doesn't allow entry through this scheme so you can't get admission directly into second year after diploma.

Information about Entry through D2D or Lateral Entry Scheme

You can enter in B.Tech courses through a programme called D2D(Diploma to Degree) or Lateral Entry Scheme .This programme allows Diploma students to take entry Directly into second year of engineering course.This program employs the fact that "The syllabus of all branch is similar in first year of engineering course ".For getting entry Through D2D programme , you must have following qualities:
  • You must have done at least 3 years diploma after 10th in any branch of engineering.
  • There are some exams through which some colleges take admission so you need to appear and crack these exams.
  • Some colleges conducts their own entrance exam for getting entry so in that case you need to appear in that exam and crack that exam as well in order to get entry in B.Tech courses.
  • Good colleges need at least 70% in your diploma courses to take admission.
  • The disadvantage of D2D program is that "you can't Get admission in IITs and NITs through this program ".
  • For getting entry through diploma to degree in jharkhand you need to appear in "Diploma to Degree Entrance Competitive exam " conducted by JCECB board.
  • The best exam regarding lateral entry is Joint Entrance Examination of Lateral Entry(JELET)..For more information please visit the official website -http://www.jisadmin.com

So it is unfortunate that you can't get admission in IITs but so many good colleges are there which takes admission through this scheme so you can apply in those colleges.

With Regards
ravik1214
4th January 2012, 10:24 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get 2nd year admission in IIT after diploma in computer science and engineering?

Sorry, you can not get admission in to 2nd year engineering courses in IIT after completion of diploma in engineering as there is no such provision for diploma holder.

But you can get in to 2nd year of engineering courses through lateral entry programme for which you have to appear for the entrance examination held for entry in to B. Tech courses.

For further information you may log on to the official web site i.e.www.jisadmin.com to get the detailed information.
16th January 2012, 03:59 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to get 2nd year admission in IIT after diploma in computer science and engineering?

can i get 2yr admission in IIT after diploma in information technology.?
19th April 2013, 12:25 PM
Unregistered

How much cpi and spi for taking admission in d to d ?????
31st March 2015, 07:11 AM
Unregistered

My hall ticket not received till now.what can I do ? Chetan Parihar Mehkar Dist Buldana.
24th January 2016, 11:30 AM
Ronie0309

You cannot get into 2nd year engineering directly after a diploma.
None of the IITs accept admission through this route.
Infact once you opt for a diploma you cannot get into an IIT for a Bachelor's degree.
This is because the minimum qualification one requires to be eligible to get into an IIT is that the student must have passed 12th standard board exams from a recognized board with a minimum aggregate of 75% in PCM.
18th August 2017, 08:14 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir, my self Siddhant Mugganawar. I am studying diploma in computer science engineering (final year). Can I get admission in IIT after diploma?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?