1st March 2018, 05:57 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to study Engineering Diploma through Distance Education along with Higher Secondary?

Hello, I am studying in 10th standard. I haven’t applied for any entrance exam but I want to do Diploma course in Engineering. I want to do Diploma from Distance University and continue my 12th Higher Secondary. So, is this possible?

Related Questions:
  1. How to study diploma in mechanical engineering through distance education? List of approved universities? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Can I study Regular MBA if completed Graduation through Distance Education without Higher Secondary?
  3. Is it worthy to study Distance Diploma in Civil Engineering course for getting promotion if working in DHFL? List of Distance universities which offer this course?
  4. Possibility to pursue Diploma in Instrumentation & Control Engineering through Distance Education for Diploma holder in Mechanical Engineering?
  5. Is it necessary to do Higher Secondary to study Diploma in Engineering course?
  6. Possibility to study Diploma in Engineering through Distance Education along with H.S.?
  7. Which is better to study among Higher Secondary and Diploma in Engineering course for a candidate who has secured 87% in 10th?
  8. Which is better to become an Engineer study Diploma Engineering and Higher Secondary?
  9. Is it beneficial to study Diploma in Mechanical Engineering instead of Higher Secondary?
  10. Which subject should I choose afte passing 10th?
  11. Higher Secondary or Automobile Engineering Diploma course, which is better to study?
  12. Admission procedure to study Agriculture Diploma course for Vocational Higher Secondary Education candidate?
  13. Possibility to study Bachelor of Hotel Management for ECE Diploma holder?
  14. Can I study undergraduate program on Diploma basis without Higher Secondary Education?
  15. What should I study among Higher Secondary and Diploma in Engineering course to become an Engineer?
  16. Possibility to study Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering on 10th basis? List of colleges for admission? -- [New]
  17. Possibility to study Diploma in Aerospace Engineering on 10th basis? List of colleges for admission?
  18. Possibility to apply for an education loan against salary to study B.Tech in distance mode?
14th March 2018, 05:51 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study Engineering Diploma through Distance Education along with Higher Secondary?

1. There will be no advantage of Diploma in engineering course done from correspondence mode because distance diploma in engineering is not approved by All India council for Technical Education. It will be of no use and invalid.

2. You should either pursue higher secondary or diploma in engineering. If you want to pursue degree in engineering then after diploma, you can apply for exams like JEE, LEET for admission in B.Tech.
15th March 2018, 02:10 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study Engineering Diploma through Distance Education along with Higher Secondary?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello, I am studying in 10th standard. I haven’t applied for any entrance exam but I want to do Diploma course in Engineering. I want to do Diploma from Distance University and continue my 12th Higher Secondary. So, is this possible?

It is not possible to study engineering diploma through distance education along with higher secondary. For taking admission, candidates have to submit the original mark sheets, transfer certificate, etc. Therefore, it is not possible to study higher secondary and engineering diploma simultaneously. One has to study engineering diploma in regular mode, because diploma course has many practical classes. Hence, candidates after 10th can pursue an engineering diploma or higher secondary.
15th March 2018, 05:43 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

It is possible but your diploma from a distance university or institute will be of no use. AICTE has not approved any distance diploma course. You can pursue from any distance university along with higher secondary board.

The better option is that you can either do diploma in regular mode or 12th from a recognized board.
15th March 2018, 07:20 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

It is possible to pursue diploma in engineering in distance mode and 12th from a recognized board in regular board.

The most important thing is that diploma in distance mode is not approved by AICTE for any job or higher studies. It is an invalid course.

You should pursue 12th then apply for engineering entrance exams.
15th March 2018, 07:58 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

There is possibility to pursue both diploma in distance mode and 12th from a recognized board.

Correspondence diploma in engineering is not recognized by AICTE. You should pursue one course at a time to perform well in that particular course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?