1st March 2018, 04:48 PM
Unregistered

Should I have to study Higher Secondary after completing 3 years full time Diploma in Engineering course?

Hello everyone, I am preparing for my 10th ICSE Board exam. After my 10th I want to join 3 years full time diploma in engineering course. I want to know that after completing this diploma course I have to study again Higher Secondary?

Related Questions:
  1. Should I have to study Higher Secondary after completing 3 years full time Diploma in Hotel & Catering Management? -- [New]
  2. Possibility to study Engineering Diploma through Distance Education along with Higher Secondary?
  3. Is it necessary to do Higher Secondary to study Diploma in Engineering course?
  4. Which is better to study among Higher Secondary and Diploma in Engineering course for a candidate who has secured 87% in 10th?
  5. Can I study B.Tech(ECE) after completing 3 years full time Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering?
  6. Which high study course i can do after Diploma in Architecture? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Which is better to become an Engineer study Diploma Engineering and Higher Secondary?
  8. Is it beneficial to study Diploma in Mechanical Engineering instead of Higher Secondary?
  9. How can I study Higher Secondary in Australia after completing 10th?
  10. Maharashtra Board Higher Secondary Physics-I Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  11. Higher Secondary or Automobile Engineering Diploma course, which is better to study?
  12. What should I study among Higher Secondary and Diploma in Engineering course to become an Engineer?
  13. Can I study B.Sc if completed Higher Secondary around 42 years ago?
  14. How can I get admission to study B.Arch after completing 3 years full time Diploma in Computer Technology?
  15. Doing polytechnic diploma without higher secondary examination will create any problem at the time of job?
  16. Is diploma considered to be full time if I have joined diploma course from second year?
  17. Scholarships available to do higher studies in Canada? How to get full scholarship for higher studies?
  18. Should I study Diploma in Electrical Engineering if secured low percentage in Higher Secondary?
14th March 2018, 08:47 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I have to study Higher Secondary after completing 3 years full time Diploma in Engineering course?

No, there is no need to study Higher Secondary after completion of your three years full time Diploma in Engineering course. After completion of your three years Diploma in Engineering course, you can get direct admission in second year of four years Engineering course through lateral entry admission process. Lateral entry admissions in Engineering course are done through examinations like LEET, ECET, JELET, etc.,. By qualifying the entrance examination, you have to participate in the counselling process according to your examination rank to get admission in Engineering course.
15th March 2018, 10:42 AM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Should I have to study Higher Secondary after completing 3 years full time Diploma in Engineering course?

As far as you are concerned about the need to pursue higher secondary school degree having completed higher secondary school degree then I would like to let you know that in case of most of the jobs or higher studies degree course there is no requirement of higher secondary school degree to be pursued in separate if you have pursued diploma in engineering course as both diploma and higher studies degree course are equivalent degree course.
15th March 2018, 08:24 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

No it is not compulsory to pursue both the degree courses.
Diploma is equivalent to Intermediate so no need to pursue 10+2 after completing Diploma.
16th March 2018, 11:47 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello everyone, I am preparing for my 10th ICSE Board exam. After my 10th I want to join 3 years full time diploma in engineering course. I want to know that after completing this diploma course I have to study again Higher Secondary?

It is not necessary to study higher secondary after completion of 3 years full time Diploma in engineering courses. You can join the engineering (BE/BTech) based on diploma qualification itself. You can join the BE/BTech through lateral entry admission. You will be admitted to the BE/BTech course directly to the second year. For taking admission to the lateral entry BE/BTech, you have to appear for a lateral entry entrance examination. You can also apply for jobs in government and the private sector after completion of diploma in engineering.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?