24th August 2016, 08:29 AM
Unregistered

Doing polytechnic diploma without higher secondary examination will create any problem at the time of job?

When I attended Higher Secondary Examination, I failed, and I started my Polytechnic Diploma in in the same year 2013. Now I completed my diploma and got admission to B.Tech in 2016. I could never attend my H.S. after that. There's a two years gap in my carrier. Though I did not pass H.S. I Have completed Diploma.

My Question Is,
1. Will diploma be considered as equivalent as H.S. in future,?
2. How Much Impact it will Cause in My job Recruitment ( Will I get more preference than the regular students for having diploma, or less for not Having, H.S. and for having two years of gap) or further Studies (Like GATE) ?

I shall be Highly Thankful, if anyone kindly clear my Problems.
Regards.

24th August 2016, 05:15 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Doing polytechnic diploma without higher secondary examination will create any problem at the time of job?

No, there will not be any problem for you to get a job after completion of your graduation from a Government recognised university even if you have pursued Diploma course without pursuing Higher Secondary course after completion of your 10th standard.

Diploma and Higher Secondary course are considered as almost equal and higher priority is given to diploma holders in many technical jobs. But, as per your query, you have mentioned that you have two years gap, some companies allow only one year gap between studies then, in such cases you can't get job in such type of companies. The Diploma or Higher Secondary course will not have much impact on your job selection. It all depends upon your skills and the talent have which is required for a job.
24th August 2016, 06:33 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Doing polytechnic diploma without higher secondary examination will create any problem at the time of job?

No, not at all !

There would be no impact on the jobs you apply or if you sit in the GATE.

The eligibility criteria of every job mentions the educational qualification as at least 10+2+3.

Since you have more than that, nobody in going to stop you.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?