27th June 2016, 01:31 AM
Unregistered

Should I join B.Tech(CSE) in any average private college if secured 63% in 12th PCM? Is it better to join Diploma followed by AIME(CSE) course?

Dear Sir,
I have secured only 63% in my 12th PCM so I am worried because of securing less percentage in my 12th PCM. I want to know that I should do Diploma of 3 years in CSE from any good Polytechnic Government college and then AIME(CSE). Or should I study B.Tech in CSE from any average private college?

29th June 2016, 10:45 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I join B.Tech(CSE) in any average private college if secured 63% in 12th PCM? Is it better to join Diploma followed by AIME(CSE) course?

As you have passed 10+2 you are eligible to get admission in B.Tech course. B.Tech is four year duration course after 10+2.

The admission in institutes are offered on the basis of entrance examination such as JEE, BITSAT, VITEEE, State Engineering Entrance examination.

So, you need to qualify in it but still there is no need to pursue Diploma ( 3 year ) course after 10+2 and again pursue B.Tech course. So, if possible you can take admission in private college or prepare for entrance examination and qualify in it next year.
29th June 2016, 11:32 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I join B.Tech(CSE) in any average private college if secured 63% in 12th PCM? Is it better to join Diploma followed by AIME(CSE) course?

You shouldn't compromise on the college in which you want to study. If you by mistake take admission in a college which is not good then it can be really bad for your future and you will get lesser salary just because you studied from such college.

Hence, whatever you do should be from a reputed college only. Those with good placement should be preferred because in the end you want to a job with good salary.
30th June 2016, 04:08 AM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

In my opinion, going for BTech from any average engineering college would be a better option for your future.

As the present trend, the value of the diploma holders has declined over a period of time. Also, it would waste a year which may be more important and eventually to get a good job, you will need a BTech degree which you may get through the Lateral Entry. But it would lose you an entire year.

So, from every respect, BTech would be a better option for you. You may improve your performance by focussing more on the studies in BTech. Also, you may improve your 10+2 marks by simultaneously sitting in the 12th improvement exams.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?