8th August 2013, 10:51 AM
Unregistered

Can I join IAF after scoring 53.6% in 12th PCM

I am a boy and i scored 53.6 percent in 12th pcm can i join I.A.F Now

15th May 2015, 10:39 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join IAF after scoring 53.6% in 12th PCM

I.A.F. stands for Indian Air force and it is one of the wings of National Defense Academy ( NDA ) .

To join I.A.F. after passing your 12th with Physics , Chemistry and Mathematics as your main subjects with 53.6 % you will have to crack NDA examination .

Eligibility criteria for the same examination are as following :-

Nationality : You must be an Indian resident .

Martial Status and gender : You must be an unmarried male .

Educational Qualification :- You must have senior secondary degree from a recognized board with PCM .No restriction on the basis of marks .Also students pursuing their final year of +2 education are also eligible .

Age limit : Your age must lie between 16.5 years to 19 years .

You must be mentally and physically sound .

The examination is held in two steps which are written examination and Service selection board interview respectively .

The examination is conducted by union public service commission twice every year .So further information and notifications about the same visit the website www.upsc.gov.in .
15th May 2015, 08:02 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join IAF after scoring 53.6% in 12th PCM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a boy and i scored 53.6 percent in 12th pcm can i join I.A.F Now
Yes, you can join Indian Air Force exam because your 12th standard subjects are PCM. Indian Air Force exam is conducted by UPSC through NDA exam.

Candidates who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard are eligible for NDA exam. Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19 years.

Written examination will be divided into 2 parts-

Mathematics-300 marks.
General ability Test- 600 marks.

Total time duration for 2 papers is 300 mins

General Ability Test -

English 200 marks
General Knowledge 400 marks

Books for NDA exam are,

NDA National Defence Academy Examination
Author: Jain, Gupta
Publisher: Upkar Prakasan (2012)

Success Series General Science: An Indispensable Book for Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level Examination also Useful for IAS / PCS / NDA / CDS and all Other Examinations
Author: Sachchida Nand Jha
Publisher: Kalinjar Publication (2013)

NDA-NA National Defence Academy & Naval Academy Examinations Guide
Author: G. K
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd (2012)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?