27th February 2017, 03:38 PM
Unregistered

What should I do after completion of diploma course?

Sir/Mam, I am in diploma in engineering and I want to qualify PCS exam then What I have to do? Can you please guide me with the details which I need to follow? It will be of real great help if you can give me the information on this. Awaiting for the response. Thank you!

3rd March 2017, 12:04 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What should I do after completion of diploma course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam, I am in diploma in engineering and I want to qualify PCS exam then What I have to do? Can you please guide me with the details which I need to follow? It will be of real great help if you can give me the information on this. Awaiting for the response. Thank you!
You can apply for jobs or can study further after completion of diploma course. As mentioned, you want to appear for Public Service Commission (PSC), you can appear for the examinations in your own state. The state government conducts public service commission examinations for recruiting candidates in various departments of state government. For each posts the eligibility differs (OR) is different, for some posts 10th qualified candidates can apply and for some posts graduates can apply. You have to check the details in the notifications. Regarding higher studies, you can apply for the admission to B.E or B.Tech through lateral entry admission. Apart from government jobs, you can also apply for private jobs.
3rd March 2017, 12:08 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

As you are willing to quality PCS Examination, you are required to first get the basic eligibility criteria that is required for PCS Examination. Basically the minimum educational qualification required to appear in PCS Examination is "Graduate Degree" or Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university. As you are presently doing Diploma in Engineering, I suggest you to first complete Diploma course and then pursue Bachelor Degree in order to be eligible. As the best Bachelor degree after Diploma in Engineering is B.E/ B.Tech, I suggest you to go ahead with this course and you can then start applying for PCS Examination based on Graduation qualification.
3rd March 2017, 05:14 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For PCS exam you need to have a graduation degree. There is nothing much you can do, if you have diploma qualification. You have to go for B.Tech lateral entry to complete graduation.

Once you have a graduation degree, you will be eligible for PCS exam. Also, make sure your age is according to the eligibility criteria.
4th March 2017, 01:54 PM
Sam James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
There are engineer jobs for Poly Technic (Diploma) holders in State PSCs and Govt. of India Navaratna companies. Register at PSC and UPSC online portal to apply for jobs. You will be notified about the vacancy. The best part is, for state level PSC exams there is no fee. and UPSC has very nominal fee structure. Study aptitude questions for clearing the exams. Also according to the post thorough your basics in engineering.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?