28th June 2016, 04:29 PM
Unregistered

Can I get rebate in SBI Education Loan scheme being a girl?

Respected Sir,
I have scored 98.4% in 10th and 94.33% in 12th. I am a girl and I want to do B.Tech now by taking an Education Loan. Kindly let me know that as I am a girl I can get rebate in Education Loan of SBI? Please let me know asap.

Related Questions:
  1. Details of SBI Education Loan scheme for Orphans?
  2. How can I claim for Tax Rebate against Education Loan taken by my Father-in-Law for my wife's education?
  3. How can I claim Tax Rebate on Education Loan taken by my father for my brother’s education?
  4. How can I claim Tax Rebate on Education Loan taken by my father for my brother’s education?
  5. Benefits of taking an Education Loan under KBL Vidyanidhi scheme?
  6. How to claim Tax Rebate on Education Loan of my brother taken by my father?
  7. Can I get an education loan under SBI Skill Loan Scheme to do PhD from London? Procedure for it?
  8. Need information about Tax Rebate provided against Education Loan?
  9. Eligibility for CSIS scheme when already taken education loan from SBI bank and have an outstanding of Rs. 90,000? Benefits of CSIS scheme?
  10. Elgibility criteria, documents and interest rate to apply for SBI Skill education loan scheme to study B.Tech? Is this scheme available in Gurgawn?
  11. Is there any Government scheme available for exemption in education loan for non employed candidate?
  12. Procedure to get an education loan to pursue MBA under ST girl student scheme?
  13. What kind of features are available in an Education Loan scheme to study Post Graduation in Abroad? Is it possible to pay education loan amount after completion of education?
  14. How much amount to be claimed in Income Tax Rebate against an Education Loan of Rs. 10 Lacs?
  15. Am I eligible to get Tax Rebate against education loan for my brother's education?
  16. Bank Education Loan scheme of SBI, Bank of India and Bank of Baroda to study MBBS course of Rs. 350000 p.a. fee expense?
  17. Possibility to apply for an education loan under SBI student loan scheme to study from KIIT? Documents required for it? -- [New]
  18. Is there any way of Tax Rebate against Education Loan of Rs. 305000?
29th June 2016, 10:42 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get rebate in SBI Education Loan scheme being a girl?

Yes, you can get a subsidy being a girl student opting for education loan provided you are single girl child of your parents. The amount of subsidy which you can avail on this ground varies from time to time as per bank's policies. Hence, you need to get in touch with the branch manager concerning this to know the subsidy amount and the additional formalities which you need to complete for it. The subsidy will be credited directly to your loan account every quarter.
29th June 2016, 10:51 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can get a subsidy being a girl student opting for education loan provided you are single girl child of your parents. The amount of subsidy which you can avail on this ground varies from time to time as per bank's policies. Hence, you need to get in touch with the branch manager concerning this to know the subsidy amount and the additional formalities which you need to complete for it. The subsidy will be credited directly to your loan account every quarter.
30th June 2016, 02:12 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Almost of all the banks which sanction education loan, offers 0.5% less interest rate on education loan to female candidate for pursuing any professional course. For example, SBI charges 13% but for female candidate it is 12.5% only.

So, only rebate is that you will have to pay interest rate 0.5% lower. Whatever interest will be charged during duration of course plus one year will be compensated by central government as a part of Interest subsidy for Education loan.
30th June 2016, 10:11 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

There is only one benefit for girls in case of education loan that there is less interest rate in case of girl candidate.

The State Bank of India charges 13% interest rate to boys in case of education loan but in case of girls, interest rate is 12.5%. This is the only rebate which you can avail being a girl candidate.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?