25th August 2015, 05:45 PM
Unregistered

Can I get scholarship if secured 94.8% in 12th and pursuing MBBS 2nd year in a Private College being an OC candidate?

Hello,
Is it possible to get scholarship for OC caste candidate. I am a 2nd year MBBS student in a Private college with 94.8% in 12th. Can I get scholarship based on merit? It will be very helpful for me.

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure to get Government scholarship for a candidate who has secured 70% in MBBS 1st year?
  2. How can I get Scholarship being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year of MBBS?
  3. Procedure to get scholarship for a candidate who has secured 71.09% in MBBS 2nd year with backlog in Pharmacology?
  4. How can I get my scholarship of 2nd year if received for 1st, 3rd and 4th year of MBBS being a SC candidate?
  5. Scholarship for B.Tech 2nd year student who has secured 92% in 12th CBSE?
  6. Can I get IOCL Scholarship if secured 60% in MBBS 1st year? List of scholarships to apply?
  7. Will there be any scope for getting scholarship while pursuing 2nd year of my MBBS?
  8. Am I eligible for any scholarship in 2nd year of MBBS?
  9. Am I eligible to get Scholarship being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year B.Tech and secured 75% in first year of B.Tech? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Can I get scholarship if pursuing 2nd year of MBBS?
  11. Scholarship to study MBBS for a candidate who has secured 70% in 12th?
  12. How can I get scholarship being a student of MBBS 2nd year? Requirements to get scholarship? From where I will get the application form?
  13. Scholarship for 2nd year mbbs?
  14. Procedure to get scholarship to study MBBS at private college?
  15. On what basis is the scholarship given? I am studying MBBS 2nd year and want scholarship
  16. Am I eligible to get scholarship pursuing 2nd year MBBS after scoring 69.16%
  17. Scholarship for 2nd year MBBS course for upcoming year?
  18. Is there any scholarship available for BAMS 1st year candidate who has secured 93.6% in 10th and 94% in 2nd PUC?
6th April 2023, 03:21 PM
NaubiShah

Default Re: Can I get scholarship if secured 94.8% in 12th and pursuing MBBS 2nd year in a Private College being an OC candidate?

It is possible you may be eligible for some merit-based scholarships with your academic performance, but as an OC candidate scholarships specifically targeting OBC or SC/ST categories would likely not apply to you.

As a 2nd year MBBS student pursuing your medical education at a private college, there are a few options for scholarships you could explore based on your high 12th percentage:

Merit scholarships offered by private medical colleges themselves to attract and support top performing students. Some colleges provide partial or full tuition fee waivers for high achievers. You will need to check with your college regarding any such merit scholarships available and apply through them.

General merit scholarships offered by non-profit organizations, NGOs or private trusts for deserving students. While competitive, impressive 12th and college academic scores could qualify you. Do research to find relevant scholarships matching your profile.

Central or state government merit scholarships for medical students. A few programs exist to support medical students based on merit and need. Check with agencies like Ministry of Human Resource Development, UGC, etc. regarding open scholarships and eligibility. Strong scores will strengthen your application.

Student exchange programs or internship opportunities. High performance could make you a strong candidate for opportunities to gain experience through exchange programs at other medical colleges or internships. Discuss options with your college placement cell.

Private student loan programs with merit-based discounts. If scholarships are not sufficient, good scores may qualify you for student loan offers with reduced interest rates or lower fees which can mitigate student loan burdens. You may find offers targeting top medical students.

While securing an OC scholarship may be competitive, using alternative options like these merit-based avenues, your notable academics can still help you get scholarship/financial support to continue your education. Keep the options open, do your research and apply proactively for relevant and fitting scholarships and programs. Persistence and a merit-focused application strategy can pay off.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?