10th May 2016, 12:32 PM
Unregistered

Can I reapply for an Education Loan without repaying the previous one?

Hello Sir,
I have an Education Loan of Rs. 2.6 Lacs and I am doing Diploma course in Marine Engineering. I need more Rs. 4 Lacs to do B.Tech. Can I get Education Loan without paying the amount of previous one?

Related Questions:
  1. Is there any difficulty to reapply for Education Loan to study MBA? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. What should I do to reapply if my Education Loan application is denied? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. How can I claim Tax Rebate on Education Loan taken by my father for my brother’s education?
  4. How can I claim Tax Rebate on Education Loan taken by my father for my brother’s education?
  5. How to claim Tax Rebate on Education Loan of my brother taken by my father?
  6. Education Loan of Rs. 14 Lacs to do Commercial Pilot License without repaying during the Training?
  7. What is the rules of Repayment of Education Loan in Bank of India if a candidate doesn't get placement after completing education?
  8. How can I claim Tax Rebate against an Education Loan for my sister's education taken by my father?
  9. Should I invest the excess money into market after repaying EMI of Education Loan? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Can I claim tax rebate if education loan was taken by my father from Union Bank?
  11. How can I claim Tax Rebate of my sister's education loan taken by my brother?
  12. Possibility to increase the repayment tenure of an Education Loan?
  13. How can I claim for Tax Rebate against Education Loan taken by my Father-in-Law for my wife's education?
  14. How can I claim Tax Rebate on Education Loan taken by my Father-In-Law for my wife's education?
  15. How can I claim Tax Rebate on Education Loan taken by my Father-In-Law for my wife's education?
  16. Is it possible to get the education loan if I am from a poor family? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. How to increase EMI tenure of Education Loan repayment?
  18. Can I apply for Education Loan for higher education if completed B.E. with Bank Education Loan? -- [Most Discussed]
12th May 2016, 02:35 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I reapply for an Education Loan without repaying the previous one?

No, you cannot avail education loan to pursue B.Tech course.

As you have availed an education loan of Rs.2.6 lacs to pursue Diploma course and without repaying the amount you cannot apply for another education loan.

Without being payed the previous loan amount one cannot avail another education loan.

The banks will no issue any education loan if the candidate has previous outstanding loans.
12th May 2016, 05:49 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I reapply for an Education Loan without repaying the previous one?

If you are getting admission in a reputed B.Tech college then banks won't have any problem in providing you loan. Hence, try to get admission in a top college so that previous loan don't have any effect.

Also, you have to start repaying your old loan after completion of course with interest. Hence, if you start studying then you need to think about loan repayment along with the studies.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?