1st May 2016, 02:39 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to increase the repayment tenure of an Education Loan?

Hello Everyone,
I am repaying amount of my Education Loan since last 16 months and my EMI is Rs. 11314 for 5 years. I want to increase my tenure to 8 years so as to decrease my EMI rate. Is it allowable? If yes, what is the procedure?

Related Questions:
  1. How to increase EMI tenure of Education Loan repayment?
  2. How to extend repayment time of education loan without interest?
  3. Detailed information about margin and repayment in education loan scheme?
  4. Whether Bank of India charge interest during B.Tech against Education Loan? How to repay EMI in 7 years of tenure against Rs. 5 Lacs?
  5. Detailed information about Margin and Repayment of Loan terms available in Bank Education Loan scheme?
  6. How much interest will be charged on Education Loan to study MDS? Detailed information about Mode of Repayment? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Possibility to get an Education Loan without property to study B.Tech course? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Can I extend the repayment amount if taken Education Loan of Rs. 6 Lacs?
  9. Possibility to apply for an Education Loan of Rs. 3.5 Lacs if already taken which has limit of B.Tech 1st year? Procedure to apply?
  10. What is the rules of Repayment of Education Loan in Bank of India if a candidate doesn't get placement after completing education?
  11. Mode of Repayment against Education Loan offered by Bank Of Baroda for self organized 1 year Diploma course?
  12. Is there any difficulty to reapply for Education Loan to study MBA?
  13. How to apply an education loan to study Master's Degree in Australia? Features and repayment mode?
  14. From when should I start repayment of my Education Loan taken against B.Tech course? Latest Education Loan rate of interest?
  15. Maximum amount one can get in an Education Loan to study MBA? Details of interest rate and repayment mode?
  16. How much interest I have to pay on Education Loan to study MBA in Abroad? Detailed information about mode of repayment?
  17. How can a Bank treat with a student who is abiding the mode of repayment in Education Loan?
  18. How can I get Bank Education Loan with low interest rate to study MBBS in Russia? Mode of repayment?
9th May 2016, 08:26 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to increase the repayment tenure of an Education Loan?

I am extremely sorry to state that you cannot increase the repayment period to 8 years. The maximum repayment period of education loan is 7 years. If you have less than 7 years of repayment period, you need to approach the bank and request the branch manager to increase your repayment period . Complete the formalities as per orders from bank to get the new repayment period and hence your EMI will be reduced.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?