30th April 2017, 11:13 AM
Unregistered

Can an Indian student get Subsidized Stafford Loans to study Law course? Eligibility criteria for it?

Hello sir, I am from Delhi, India and want to study Law course from University of California, Hastings College of the Law. Can I get Subsidized Stafford Loans to study Law course?
Eligibility criteria for it?

Related Questions:
  1. How may I do Law after completing my graduation?What's the applying procedure and eligibility criteria? I'm in B.com final year
  2. What topics to cover to get maximum marks in GATE ECE exam? What is the minimum cutoff required to get into IITs?
  3. What is the criteria for doing Law? What we have to study to appear for CLAT exam?
  4. How to apply for SBI PO exam? Last date to submit the forms?
  5. List of courses available for Federal student loans? Eligibility criteria and procedure for it? -- [New]
  6. Date of sale of law application forms? Eligibility criteria for Integrated Law Admission?
  7. Can I do Law course after completion of B.E Civil Engineering?
  8. Eligibility criteria for graduates in LLB course? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Admission criteria to study LLM(Private and Islamic Law) in Tehran University, Iran for Indian students? Entrance exam to get admission?
  10. Eligibility criteria for Indian Students to study +2 in Nepal?
  11. What is Civil Law? What is the eligibility criteria required for pursuing Civil Law?
  12. What steps should a student take to get admission in the profession of Law? What is the criteria?
  13. Am I eligible to do Ph.D course if I am doing Law course?
  14. Eligibility to apply for CLAT to study LLB in Criminal Law? How can I prepare to crack?
  15. How may I take admission in 3 years law degree through correspondence? What's the eligibility criteria? I'm a student of National defence academy(Khadagwasla)
  16. Study material and books for cyber law diploma entrance exam from INDIAN LAW INSTITUTE
  17. List of best universities to study B.Sc Molecular Biology from India? Eligibility criteria and fees to study this course?
  18. Eligibility to study MBBS in Indian government Medical colleges for Bangladeshi student? Requirements to apply for it? Is there any Non-Indian student quota?
5th May 2017, 06:12 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can an Indian student get Subsidized Stafford Loans to study Law course? Eligibility criteria for it?

Yes, you can get education loan for studying abroad, but subsidy is only available for financially poor families in India. For that you have to show the bank your family's income proof.

Just visit the nearest PSU bank for education loan, after confirming the admission at the said university. Bank manager will assist you in the process.
5th May 2017, 10:23 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can an Indian student get Subsidized Stafford Loans to study Law course? Eligibility criteria for it?

To become eligible for the subsidized Stafford loan the candidate must enrolled for at least half time (6-9 credits). The candidate must file FAFSA (Free application for federal student aid) every year. The candidate need to accept the loan via financial aid and must complete the Stafford loan entrance counselling process at the official website. The candidate also needs to sign the MPN (Master Promissory Note).
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?