1st April 2015, 11:38 PM
Unregistered

How can I apply to get MHRD Scholarship if secured 97.5% in 12th being an OC candidate?

Hello,
I have completed my 12th with 97.5%,
I am an OC candidate, please tell me
how can I get a MHRD Scholarship?
Please give details about it.

7th April 2015, 02:28 AM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: How can I apply to get MHRD Scholarship if secured 97.5% in 12th being an OC candidate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I have completed my 12th with 97.5%,
I am an OC candidate, please tell me
how can I get a MHRD Scholarship?
Please give details about it.
MHRD i.e. Ministry of Human Resource Development has introduced a Scholarship program for college and University students.

Basically those students who are in top 20% in their respective streams are eligible for MHRD scholarship i.e. you must have joined any degree course and also your parents income shouldn't be more than 4.5 lakhs per annum. They should not be under any creamy layer as per government. If you are under these conditions then you are eligible for MHRD scholarship.

You have to apply for this scholarship in the second year of your graduation. MHRD gives Ten Thousands for 10 months or sometimes MHRD gives on monthly basis for 10 months at the rate of 1000 per month.

And also note as you have specified your category as Open which is General therefore there is a reservation of total selected students for General Boys Science background its 500+, for General Boys Commerce its 350+ and for Arts Boys its only 170+.

How to apply?

Application will be available on the PU website, the same should be downloaded and dully filled application form should be sent Department of P.U Education, Sampige Road, 18th cross, Malleswaram, Bangalore-12.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?