11th November 2016, 04:22 PM
Unregistered

Should I save excessive money to repay remaining EMIs of Education Loan?

I have taken an Education Loan of Rs. 8 Lacs and with this amount I have completed my MBA course. Now I am regularly paying its EM but still I can save enough money. So, should I invest this money in somewhere or should I save this money to repay my remaining EMI?

Related Questions:
  1. Where to apply for an education loan with longer tenure, smaller EMIs and attractive interest rate?
  2. How can I repay Education Loan if get job in UK after completing MS?
  3. Can I apply for Bank Education Loan for the remaining expenses to study MS in USA with scholarship? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. How can I repay Education Loan if get job in USA after completing MS?
  5. How can I repay Loan amount if get job in USA after completion of MS?
  6. How can I get Bank Education Loan of Rs. 16 Lacs to study MS in UK? Can I repay Loan after getting job? Do I have to Mortgage the property to apply for Bank Education Loan?
  7. Interest rates charges against Rs. 4 Lacs in Bank Education Loan? How much time will it take to repay loan amount?
  8. Should I invest the excess money into market after repaying EMI of Education Loan?
  9. Can I repay the amount of education loan on installment basis? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Documents required to submit for Bank Education Loan to study M.Tech? For what period of time I can repay Bank Education Loan? Interest rates charged against it?
  11. Whether bank will sell my house in auction if unable to repay back the loan amount on time?
  12. What should I do if am not able to repay the education loan interest during study period? How can I buy some more time to pay the interest later?
  13. Eligibility to get an Education Loan to study Bachelor of Hospitality Management? How to repay after completion of this course?
  14. How to apply to get an education loan from Union Bank of India? Maximum time allowed to repay the loan?
  15. Can I get an education loan to study MBA in London? Maximum time allowed to repay the loan?
  16. Whether the Bank will repay Education Loan during the course period of M.Tech?
  17. Can I repay the amount of loan at any SBI branch of Delhi if was taken from SBI, Manimajra (Chandigarh)? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Do we get loans to study abroad? How much time is given to repay the loan? -- [New]
13th November 2016, 06:45 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I save excessive money to repay remaining EMIs of Education Loan?

It is nice to see that you have completed MBA course with the aid of education loan and repaying it now. The decision whether you should save some more money for repaying in future or invest depends on the stability of your income. If you have a stable source of income , then you should invest the excessive amount rather than having for future EMIs. If it is not a stable source of income, you should go for saving option since missing EMIs will result in penalty.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?