6th September 2015, 10:06 PM
Unregistered

What is the role of a Guarantor to apply for Bank Education Loan?

Respected Sir/mam,
I want to apply for Bank Education Loan but I have heard about the Guarantor necessary for applying in Education Loan. Can you tell me the role of a Guarantor? Please reply as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Whether a 3rd Party Guarantor must be an Account Holder of Bank for taking Education Loan? Is documents necessary to show by the Guarantor? A retired person can be a Guarantor?
  2. Guarantor is eligible to get Education Loan for studying MBBS?
  3. Is it possible to show Brother-in-Law's IT file as a guarantor instead of father to apply for Bank Education Loan?
  4. Whether my father can become Guarantor for Education Loan if my brother is studying MBA through Education Loan? -- [New]
  5. Whether a retired person is eligible to become a Guarantor for Education Loan of upto Rs. 7.75 Lacs? Is it necessary to submit any document for a Guarantor?
  6. Can I apply for Education Loan to study MBA without any Guarantor being an Orphan? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Is Guarantor necessary to apply for Bank Education Loan of Rs. 3.5 Lacs to study Master's in Hospitality Management for 32 years old candidate?
  8. Is it possible to present my Brother-In-Law as a Guarantor to apply for Education Loan due to my father's death?
  9. Can I apply for Bank Education Loan to study MS(HRD) in The University of Central Lancashire, UK if working in Dubai being an Indian? How much amount of Education Loan will be sanctioned without Guarantor?
  10. Can I make my Brother a Guarantor while applying for an Education Loan?
  11. Son of a government employee can get exemption in Education Loan?
  12. Can I apply for Education Loan for higher education if completed B.E. with Bank Education Loan?
  13. Whether Banks force the Guarantor for Education Loan recovering payment if a student doesn't get job after completing the course? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Documents required to apply for Education Loan of Rs. 7.5 Lacs to study MBBS in Russia? Is it necessary to submit Property papers for a Guarantor?
  15. How can I apply for Education Loan if my parents are retired?
  16. Eligibility to apply for Bank Education Loan to study MS in UK and US?
  17. How can I apply to get Education Loan from Indian Bank to study B.Tech? Interest rates charges against Education Loan?
  18. Bank Education Loan scheme of SBI, Bank of India and Bank of Baroda to study MBBS course of Rs. 350000 p.a. fee expense?
14th September 2015, 11:50 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the role of a Guarantor to apply for Bank Education Loan?

Yes, guarantor is required for loan ranging of high amount usually above 4.5 lakhs. Guarantor plays a vital role in the education loan process.

- It gives bank the confidence that the family will repay the loan irrespective of the future consequences.
- It also entitles bank to approach the person in case of fraud or denial of loan repayment.
15th September 2015, 11:32 AM
haripriya1993
Member+

Hi,

The bank has fixed certain limit for the guarantor. If you are getting loan for small amount (less than 4 lakhs) then the guarantor is not necessary. If you want to get loan more than that then guarantor is required.

The guarantor will be responsible in case of your repayment failure. While choosing the guarantor the bank will look whether the guarator has any property or not. So make sure that you choose the right person.
15th September 2015, 09:45 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

The guarantor is required by the Bank as in case of default at the time of repayment the bank needs someone to pay on behalf of the loanee and in that case the bank will approach the guarantor to pay the monthly installments as the person who took the loan is unable to pay back.
A guarantor is usually required if the Loan amount exceeds Rs 4 lakhs.
This is the main function of the Guarantor in case of a Bank Loan.
18th September 2015, 01:50 PM
pikachu1993
Junior Member+

Hello,

Guarantor is something similar to surety person. Incase you fail to repay the loan amount the guarantor will be questioned by the bank and he is responsible for the repayment of your loan.

But you will not need a guarantor till 4laks of your loan. Only if it is a big amount you will be in need of it.

Thank you.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?